Prevent SPAM with captcha

More
9 years 8 months ago #4451 by Gokk
Prevent SPAM with captcha was created by Gokk
Hi,
I'm getting some fake bookings, still using version 0.6.2, is there a way to your recaptcha or something to prevent spam??
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4452 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Prevent SPAM with captcha
Hi,

One of the most efficient way to prevent fake booking is to add a credit card form and authorize the card details.

It is possible to add some kind of captcha, but while it could help you to fight against those bad guys, your booking user experience will be affected a lot I think.

Regards,

More
9 years 8 months ago #4462 by Gokk
Replied by Gokk on topic Prevent SPAM with captcha
Hey,
Naa, I don't have and will not have any direct credit card payments at all.. PayPal and Invoice (offline payment) only works for me.

Hm... yeah, but look at this scenario, random people have been contacting me that they received booking order via email that they didn't make! So I figured, some bot out there is fetching emails and making orders on my site, great!
I have disabled booking for that reason, will upgrade to 0.7.0 and see what else to do..

Is it possible in 0.7.0 to have only registered users make the booking and still allow visitors to view all the details (rooms, calendar, availability etc...)? That would partially solve the problem.
Still I think the captcha is a must for this, the God forsaken bot that is molesting my website will still be able to make booking and even create a user account as of 0.7.0., so more trouble for me and my client (and future clients) I guess..
I like the "create account" feature while booking though! It's great!

I can try to integrate re-capatcha myself with your help if you're up for it?

More
9 years 8 months ago #4463 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Prevent SPAM with captcha
Hi,

Yes, it is technically possible, but it will not be a simple modification. I am going to move this topic to our feature request sub forum, I am interested to see how other users think.

Sure, we will try our best to assist you with your captcha implementation. Where do you plan to put the captcha?

Regards,

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4474 by Gokk
Hey,
I've attached the image, It doesn't have to be re-captcha from google if it's too complicated for private key entry but any captcha will help I hope..
What do you think?

I still think by implementing this, all is solved regarding spam, no fake bookings and/or accounts. I guess 0.7.0 uses joomla default registration & login plugins/modules?

My final opinion is that solidres would benefit from captcha, without affecting user experience. I suggest making (in future versions) backend settings > security, where key would be inserted and saved, enable/disable captcha and that's it.

Note! Friend of mine is author of CE (Contact Enhanced - Component/Module/Plugin) one of the best contact forms out there for Joomla, I think if you're up for it you should take a look how he implemented few different captcha systems into his component.

Only thing that could affect user experience is entering wrong captcha, resulting in automatic page reload and losing entered data... But there is a way around that also, not to lose form data...
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Gokk.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4490 by Gokk
Any news mate?

Moderators: solidres