Reviewing system

More
9 years 6 months ago #4778 by JohnB
Reviewing system was created by JohnB
The thing that makes me come back to the major bookingsites is their review sections. We know that every hotel will always make themselves look at the best, use only the best pictures and if placed by themselves only show reviews that are positive. Booking a hotel means for me checking the last 20 reviews and only then I get a feeling if what they claim is more ore less reality. So . . . I believe that a good booking site absolutely need a review section and hope to convince you here to add this to solidres.

My thoughts on this addition:
  • Should be possible to opt for limiting reviews: Guest, registered or even special groups like eg people that actually booked with the site.
  • Would be great if an (automatic) mail would be send to users that booked with the site, eg 2 days after their departure date of the property or at least an option to send manual a direct link so that the customer reaches his review page (logged in) and can just fill it in. In this way you get vivid reviews
  • Upon filling the review, the client should be asked a general score (maybe 1 until 10) and sub scores (for food, cleanness, friendliness etc . . . best self definable by superuser)
  • Upon filling the review, the client should be able to categorize himself eg as young couple, single traveller etc . . . best self definable by superuser) as well as his/her nationality.
  • Upon filling the review the client should of course, be able to fill a text area with his additional praises or complains
  • Best would be if the component would calculate averages of total score, cleanness score etc and would be able to display this at the head of the review section or maybe even at the top of the property page (so you know general appreciation of the property.

For now that would be my first thought and hope some of you support me in this request. I believe Vieth is more than able to add this in an effective way to Solidres, but am willing to help thinking about the layout of things if needed. Programming . . . not my thing.

Please support
The following user(s) said Thank You: vietvh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres