User friendly search mask

More
9 years 6 months ago #4806 by Agi
User friendly search mask was created by Agi
Very nice product, congrats!

There are two points I would like to suggest for future developments

1) in search mask it is obligatory to choose a location. I see this in many reservation systems- however I don't see the sense of it. Many visitors have no idea which locations I have so this field should be optional. Please, comsider this to have a user friendly search mask.

2) The confirmation emails come with sender name of property name which is in our case not correct. It would be useful to send emails with our company name (for all objects)

Have a nice day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #4807 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic User friendly search mask
Hi,

Just to confirm, did you mean an auto complete search feature when Solidres will suggest locations bases on user's input?

This is where Joomla's power becomes handy: you can just make a template override for our email template, then change the title to whatever you want, that way you don't have to edit the core file.

In the future we can consider adding a separated option for this.

Cheers

More
9 years 6 months ago #4808 by Agi
Replied by Agi on topic User friendly search mask
1) If I search for an accomodation in a foreign country, mostly I don't even know any city names of that country or even region. the most user friendly way would be: if user leaves it blank -> all locations are shown. If someone begins to type -> auto complete feature.

2) ok thanks I will check this

Moderators: solidres