[v0.9.0] Day instead of Nights

More
9 years 4 months ago #4958 by donaldmoore
[v0.9.0] Day instead of Nights was created by donaldmoore
I'd like to use the system to rent an item per day instead of per night. I understand how to handle the language changes, the challenge I am facing is that the system figures one night stay as two days and one night. So if a visitor reserves for December 10th they need to check in on December 10 and check out on December 11, which is two days and one night. I need to have the visitor select one day, say just December 10th. Where would be a good place to start if I wanted to make a modification (preferably one that won't be overwritten) to change this behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #4961 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic [v0.9.0] Day instead of Nights
Hi,

This won't be a small change because you'd need to make change in many files (include library files which are not overrideable like a template files) to support it.

First you need to change the option "Minimum length of stay" to 0, then modify this file in order to change the way Solidres checking for room availability:

/libraries/solidres/reservation/reservation.php (method isRoomAvailable)

Please note that this is not a small change therefore we can only make general instructions to support you.

Regards,

More
9 years 4 months ago #4971 by donaldmoore
Replied by donaldmoore on topic [v0.9.0] Day instead of Nights
I appreciate your help, I do understand that the change will be something that we can't save as an overwrite and some core changes will be necessary. We are going to catalog the changes so that we know how to handle the upgrades going forward. I'd love to see some future development for this with SolidRes because the component could be used for so many more things than just room rental.

More
9 years 4 months ago #4977 by vietvh
Hi,

I am going to move your topic to our feature request forum for better tracking as well as receiving feedback from other users who have the same interest in this feature.

Regards,

More
9 years 3 months ago #5010 by aries_max
Replied by aries_max on topic [v0.9.0] Day instead of Nights
Hello,
I would like to do something similar, and allow hourly booking (check in and check out on same date).
Could you please give more details about the changes that need to be done in reservation.php ?
Thanks and regards
Max

More
9 years 3 months ago #5012 by vietvh
Hi,

Day booking requires a lot of changes, however we have a plan to integrate it in our upcoming release (hopefully 0.9.0 ).

About hourly booking, this feature is even more complicated than daily booking, it requires modification to many files therefore please make a separated feature request so that we can track it as well.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres