Configuring Solidres for a boutique hotel

More
9 years 1 week ago #5407 by Phenotype
I have a hotel with only 6 rooms. All the rooms are unique and have their own price.

I've been experimenting with Solidres, but I'm not sure it is possible to configure it to match the needs of a boutique hotel.

I currently have "reservation asset" to be the hotel, and "room type" to be the room itself (eg Presidential Suite). For the "room number", I've just put "1". This doesn't seem to work very well ( see below) Is this the best that I can do?

Here are some problems that I am getting with this set up, it would be great if you could give some advice:

1) I would like each room to be on its own page and for room availability & booking to be available on that page. It seems that it is only possible to create a menu link to a "reservation asset", which in my case would be the whole hotel.

2) On the reservation asset page, it says things like "We have 1 room left!" and asks you to choose a quantity. These things don't make sense for a hotel selling unique rooms.

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #5409 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Configuring Solidres for a boutique hotel
Hi,

1) We thought about adding new Joomla menu type to show a single room view. But so far we've not received enough requests for it therefore we had to lower its priority. Would you mind creating a new feature request in our forum?

A workaround would be creating 06 assets. It is not perfect but it could work in this case I think.

2) This can be hidden easily with this simple CSS:
.num_rooms_available_msg {display: none}

You can put it into template custom.css file.

Regards,

More
9 years 1 week ago #5410 by Dead_Pig
Replied by Dead_Pig on topic Configuring Solidres for a boutique hotel
+1 for single room type on its own page.

More
9 years 3 days ago #5443 by Alpinfo
Replied by Alpinfo on topic Configuring Solidres for a boutique hotel
The same think for me
+1 for single room type on its own page

More
7 years 3 months ago #8320 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Configuring Solidres for a boutique hotel
Hi all,

This feature has been implemented and it will be available in Solidres for Joomla v1.9.0.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres