Deposit amount with or without extra cost

More
8 years 8 months ago #6162 by Overtone69
Deposit amount with or without extra cost was created by Overtone69
First of all I have to clear some confusion. I am using Solidres not for hotels but for Apartments on Curacao, where I live. Original I am from Germany, so the example page www.curacao-villa.de is only available in german. I am sorry for that. If we rent Apartments on Curacao the deposit is not used as a deposit (or better prepayment) of the full payment (e. g. 20% to pay immediatly after the online reservation), but as a real deposit. From this amount (normaly 300,00 to 500,00 €) we subtract the electric power from the air condition, water, end cleaning and some more small things after the vacation depending on the real consumption of each guest. The rest of the deposit we transfer back to the bank account of every individual guest.

That's the explanation for our situation.

The thing now is: We charge 20% "deposit" (prepayment) of the full payment, which have to be paid immediatly after the online reservation. With that payment the booked "room" will be checked as "booked" in the calendar (not earlier!).
For that I checked at every asset in Solidres at the second tab:
Deposit required: Yes
Deposit is percentage: Yes
Deposit amount: 20

For the deposit (300,00 to 500,00 €) I made an "extra" at "List extras" with "Mandatory: Yes"!

The rest (80% of the full payment) and the deposit (300,00 to 500,00 €) have to be paid 4 weeks in advance of the arriving.

If the guest canceled latest 4 weeks in advance we will keep the 20% deposit.

Now follows my calculation and the "main" problem:
The full payment of a room is 2.000,00 €
The deposit (for the electric power from the air condition, water, end cleaning) is 500,00 €
This is a total of 2.500,00 €

The 20% prepayment must be 400,00 €, but Solidres calculates 500,00 €, because the system add also 20% of the extra costs.
Normaly this wouldn't be a big problem for the guest or for the Apartment owner, but if the guest canceled his booking, we keep only 400,00 € back and have to make a bank transfer back to the guest over 100,00 € for each cancelation. This is a lot of work and additional costs if you have a lot of cancelations!
For that we need an additional checkbox which is named something like "Deposit amount with extra cost" - "Yes" - "No"!

What do you think about this idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #8166 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Deposit amount with or without extra cost
Hi,

Nice week to you.

This feature has been implemented in Solidres for Joomla v1.8.0.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres