Per Day and Per Night Tarrif for a single assett

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #8556 by brangwyn
Is there any way I can set up a single asset to have both per day and per night tarrifs ? (I'm using Complex Tarrifs plugin)

For instance;
A venue that we can hire out during the day for activities at a rate of $5 per day, but we also hire that same venue out for overnight functions at a different rate.

If I set the asset to Per Day Rates, then people booking daily hire get charged the correct price for the number of days they wish to use the venue, but those hiring the venue overnight will not end up being charged the correct price (they will be charged twice what I set the overnight tarrif too becuase of the daily rate setting).

If I set the asset to Per Night then people booking daily hire get charged incorrectly but of course those booking overnight get charged correctly.

I had hoped based on the documentation that this would be achievable so purchased the component based on that to allow me to use complex tarrifs but I can't seem to find a way to achieve what I need.

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by brangwyn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #8559 by solidres
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

As you can see from the asset configuration page, the booking type is set per asset which means that the booking type (per night/per day) will apply to all room types. It is not possible to mix both booking type in the same asset.

Regards,

More
7 years 3 months ago #8564 by brangwyn
Do you have any suggestions on how I could set it up to achieve what I want ? Obviously we would like to use the software now that we've paid for it otherwise it was a wasted purchase but if i used multiple assets the client will likely up with double bookings.

Adding a per day/per night override setting within each tariff would be a nice flexible feature to have.

More
7 years 3 months ago #8566 by solidres
Hi,

We've moved your topic into Feature Request forum.

To other users, please reply here if you think this is a useful feature, when there is enough requests for this feature, we will consider adding it into Solidres.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres