better integration of currencies in the accommodation filter

More
6 years 6 months ago #10604 by sjp
Hi,

I use euro as the main currency in the system, and I have added other currencies to the list. I use the update exchange rates button, to update regularly. It looks like the currency feature works well in the experience filter but doesn't work properly in the accommodations (hub) filter.

I will give you an example of the Hong Kong Dollar. In the experience filter it looks very good and the currency shows correctly:

PRICE RANGE

< HKD2,295.28
HKD2,295.28 - HKD4,590.55
HKD4,590.55 - HKD9,181.10
HKD9,181.10 - HKD18,362.20
> HKD18,362.20

But in the accommodation filter (hub filter) the currency in Hong Kong Dollar shows in the same way as the euro. That's not correct. And this happens with all other currencies I use in the system.

HKD 0 - HKD 250
HKD 250 - HKD 500
HKD 500 - HKD 1000
HKD 1000 - HKD 2000
HKD 2000 - HKD >
HKD - HKD

Why don't the currencies in the hub filter automatically adjust to the right amounts? Is this a mistake in the coding? Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #10606 by solidres
Hi,

Actually, there is a bug in Experience Filter module, not Accommodation Filter module.

The price range was not designed to be converted when currency is change. Each currency has its own range configuration (edit Currency in back end to change the default values). These ranges are static and they are not affected by the currency exchange rate.

We will fix it in next Experience Filter module release.

Regards,

More
6 years 5 months ago #10685 by sjp
hi support,
Thanks for the info! it.s good to know the currencies are static. I have changed the values already. Will this bug in the Experience filter module be fixed this month? Otherwise I can't you this feature in the filter.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
6 years 5 months ago #10688 by solidres
Hi,

The fix is included in next Experience plugin which should be available this month.

Regards,

More
6 years 5 months ago #10736 by sjp
Thanks for your help. I will check the updated experience plugin today.

Moderators: solidres