problem with translations (language overrides and speedy translate)

More
6 years 8 months ago #9939 by sjp
Hello support team,

I am translating some words in solidres modules and experience- and hotel listing page. In general it works fine, but there are some words and phrases that I can't translate because I can't find the language string for some of them and some are just not working.

With language overrides in Joomla I tried to translate in experience search module the word base location. It is not possible for me to override it with language string: SR_FIELD_BASE_LOCATION_DESC and/or SR_FIELD_BASE_LOCATION_LABEL. So I tried it with in content translations from Speedy Translate, and I could change it in the English language, but not in other languages like French, Spanish etc. That In content translation feature is not working at all on the pages in these other languages. This is since I updated the Speedy Translate last time. I also noticed I lost some in content translations on the hotel listing page i made before the update.

I can't find the language string for no tour found warning in the experience list results page. What is the language string for this?

Any Idea what language strings I need to use for the two above translation problems. And any Idea why the in content translations is not working on pages in French, Spanish etc.?

Best regards,
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #9945 by solidres
Hi,

About overriding issue, please raise a new support ticket, we will check it for you.

For "No tour found" string, it is defined in line 206 of this file:

/plugins/solidres/experience/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_solidres_experience.ini

Regards,

More
6 years 8 months ago #10058 by sjp
Hello support team,

Thank you for the info! I found the language strings mentioned above and could change it with language overrides in Joomla. So that problem is solved.

I just want to let you know that I prefer making changes with language overrides instead of using in content translation from speedy translate, because I have experienced problems within speedy translate last month. The in content translation seems to be working fine in my default English pages in the front end, but not in the other languages on my site. Although it's much more work, I will continue using the language override system in Joomla. I feel I can't depend totally on Speedy Translate. I now will use speedy translate mainly to speed up the search for language strings.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
6 years 8 months ago #10064 by solidres
Hi,

It is simply because the Experience plugin only include English and Russian translation by default therefore it is not Speedy Translate issue.

You can make a new translation folder for your desired language and start again.

Regards,

More
6 years 6 months ago #10592 by sjp
Hi,

That seems like an awful lot of work when you have to translate in 5 other languages.

best regards,
Sandra

More
6 years 6 months ago #10596 by solidres
Hi,

In next release, we will include a German translation which is contributed by a generous Solidres user.

To all users, if you can contribute a translation for Solidres, please contact us to get a discount coupon as a small reward from us.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres