[3.0.0 Issue] Exp Prices simplification

More
1 year 6 months ago #19219 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.30 + Joomla 3.10.11 + Solidres 2.12.9 + Experience 1.7.7 plugin etc.

Experience > Pricing
I can set price for Adults and Children where I can set a fixed price and/or a price based on Adults / Children quantity - I add two images for you

Experience > Available Dates
I can set custom pricing for specific date ranges, but, opening the form I can only set a price based on Adults / Children quantity, but I cannot set the basic fixed price for that date ranges - I add an image for you.

Please, Am I missing anything ? Can you confirm it ?
PS - Would be good to have both layouts (Pricing and Pricing for specific date ranges) similar as possible to make the user experience as simple as possible
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #19220 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic [3.0.0 Issue] Exp Prices simplification
Hi,

There is no bug here, by setting the number of adult to 1, it implies that price is for single person, it is similar to the field Price per person in tab Pricing.

Regards,

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #19223 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic [3.0.0 Issue] Exp Prices simplification
Hi,

You wrote: "...by setting the number of adult to 1, it implies that price is for single person..."
Very Good, we are perfectly agree because this is the simplest logical way to add prices.

BUG ?
Let me say I entered Custom Prices for the Date range from 01 Jan 2023 to 31 Jan 2023.
How can I edit the entire Date range prices settings without editing single day by day, but selecting the entire date range I want to modify ?

So, I wrote: "...PS - Would be good to have both layouts (Pricing and Pricing for specific date ranges) similar as possible to make the user experience as simple as possible..." > This means:

Experience > Pricing
Solution: to delete the Price per person / Price per child fields and their backgrounds and have them working as into the "Experience > Available Dates".
Not urgent, but a good improvement from the point of view of the user experience (the Partners are very hesitant to enter the prices and this would help to remove many doubts / questions) and very simple to implement. I dare say it is a code simplification for you, the developer.
We did several tests and (...before to do it pay attention to...):

A - Experience > Pricing > Adults Prices > Price per person: I can leave the field empty (even if it will be saved as "0")
I create a row "Experience > Pricing > Adults Prices > Number of adults: 1 - Price per person: 10
I can save an it is working as in Available Dates.

B: - Experience > Pricing > Children Prices > Price per child: if I leave it empty the row at the bottom are not shown, even if I insert 0. When I fill "Price per child" field with at least "1" the row fields:
From age To age Number of children Price per person
are shown at the bottom.
If I set just one row it is working as in Available Dates.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by joomleb.

More
1 year 3 months ago #19510 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 8.1.13 + Joomla 4.2.5 + Solidres 2.13.0 etc.
I opened a Ticket ID fYCxhJrQt7y where I reported a bug (point 3) related to this discussion.

I continue to think that the simplification suggestion I wrote here should be the best final solution.

Please, Can you answer to the "BUG" question I posted here on my last reply 3 months 1 week ago #19223 ?

More
6 months 1 week ago #20114 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.33 + Joomla 4.3.4 + Solidres 3.0.0 + Experience 1.10.0 + last plugins etc.

Experience > Pricing
I can set prices for Adults and Children where I can set a fixed Price per person / Price per child field

I can set custom pricing for specific date ranges, but, opening the form I can only set a price based on Adults / Children quantity, but I cannot set the basic fixed price for that date ranges.We are totally agree!

In fact what I mean here is that also the Experience > Pricing should be simplified in the same way by deleting the Price per person / Price per child fields (leaving just the Number of Adults "1" prefilled for the first row)

Do you agree ?

Moderators: solidres