Guide field for experiences

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #20079 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic Guide field for experiences
Understood, however it doesn't work for us as our guides are freelance. We can't assign them until a booking is made, and we confirm that they are available for that booking.

I'll put in the feature request now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #20113 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Guide field for experiences
Hi guys,
Guides are really too important, they are active users of our portals. For us there are few simple things that should be added to run in a most advanced and integrated mode, let me explain to discuss them with you:

1 - to add a Global "Guides: User group" setting . So, the Guides menu item will show (in alphabetical order) all the Users included in that (those) User Group(s).
In this way, as portal admin, we can develop different member rules to add/remove users from the Guides User Group and they will be automatically listed into the Guides menu item.

2 - Guide backend editing:

Name - Where he Guide "Name", automatically by default, (if empty, not yet edidted) would be the Joomla User Name and then we could manually edit it (as right now) if the Guide prefer to use a "Nickname" as Guide Name

Partner - the field should permit a multi selection Partners (a Guide can work with more than one Partner). This will give us do don't multiply Guides records generating a lot of confusion into the Guide list

User - There is no more the need to assign a User to Guide, or better, it will be done automatically for each User into the Guides User Groups. So, this field could be not editable.
BUG - Right now I have to assign a User, but when it open the popup list is not Alphabetically ordered, so it is impossible surf through thousands of users

PS - Practically a Partner in the front-end can only look into the Guide Name list and choose the Guides to assign to him, solving all the Privacy problems (a Partner should Neve have access to see all Portal Users)

3 - Experience Time Slots
Again, to simplify and do not have back a lot of multiple records, instead to have an “Every day” option selection, to have a multi selection of the days like you done for “Categories” and “Transportation” (for example).

Experience Time Slots - frontend
Issue - The available Guides could be shown in an Alphabetical ordering.

@Thellie - from my point of view, with these improvements, you do not need of any new feature, because:
- You can assign the Guides to all the days they will give you (a must anyway)
- You can add a tip on the front-end Guide selection saying to the Users to choose the "preferred" Guide and that in any case, for availability reasons" they will receive an Email confirmation for that after a "manual" verification.

How to add the tip ?
Simple, let use the EngageBox by Tassos component, it is really simply and it will solve a lot of these things without the need to overload Solidres:
- www.tassos.gr/joomla-extensions/engagebox
- www.tassos.gr/joomla-extensions/engagebox/docs

Do you agree ? ...I remain available...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres