Pre-purchase question

• Thai-Mc-Tours
  • Thai-Mc-Tours's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11387 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Pre-purchase question was created by Thai-Mc-Tours
Hi, our main business is running week-long motorcycle tours with the option for our guests to add extra nights' accommodation at either end of their (Saturday to Saturday) tour enabling them to take advantage of the cheaper, midweek flights.
I've run through the demo, which appears to offer either hotel, or tours, is it possible to combine the two into a single booking?
Thanks in advance
Miles

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11388 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Pre-purchase question
Hi,

At this moment, tours and hotels are two separated booking system. Please vote for it here:

www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...es-room-reservations

Regards,

• Thai-Mc-Tours
  • Away
More
5 years 11 months ago #11547 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Replied by Thai-Mc-Tours on topic Pre-purchase question
Thanks very much for your prompt reply! Sorry for the delay getting back to you, business came up.
Followed your link, glad to know I'm not the only one requiring a single calendar for both Accom & Tours, there's a HUGE gap in the market as the only component to (unsuccessfully I'm afraid) to currently offer the service for Joomla being Jomres. ALMOST meets requirements.

I believe it's possible with Solidres though: I simply named one of the room types "Tours" and a couple of the rooms after two of our "week-long" tours, priced per day (7-days minimum booking) while intend to keep accommodation only priced nightly (still using simple tariffs free version) once paid. Having read your complex tariffs documentation I can't see any reason why this method won't work - am I missing anything blatantly obvious?

Finally: GDPR; I've completed the "Privacy / T's & C's / Disclaimer" sections - before I commit & pay for your services, must enquire if these are enough, legally speaking, to satisfy GDPR laws from 25th of May, please? My webmaster certainly appears pretty concerned about freedom / liberty etc.!

Looking forward to your reply, thus far I've found Solidres so simple & straightforward to work with - I'm hoping to buy today & have it setup over the weekend. Thanks for such a great component!

Milo

More
5 years 11 months ago #11555 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Pre-purchase question
Hi,

1. Regarding combining room and experience reservations, there are some workaround that could make it work. However to deliver a real solution to a large number of businesses out there, it is not easy as there are many use cases that need to be taken into consideration.

2. Regarding GDPR, to avoid duplicate post, please check our reply here:

www.solidres.com/forum/general-discussions/6685-gdpr-readiness

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thai-Mc-Tours

• Thai-Mc-Tours
  • Away
More
5 years 11 months ago #11556 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Thanks again for your prompt & succinct reply;
Basically affirmative for GDPR readiness dependant on Jomres

Of course, fully understand there are bound to be almost as many booking methodologies & requirements as booking services. Didn't wish to bog you down with a detailed explanation of our needs - as long as I know it IS possible for my webmaster to "Tailor" the system slightly, the situation certainly appears more than hopeful, assuming your 14-day guarantee still applies in our case?

Best regards, thanks again for your assistance

Milo

• Thai-Mc-Tours
  • Away
More
5 years 11 months ago #11557 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Decided to take the plunge and bought your base package
Must admit it's nowhere near as simple to setup as the instructions intimate!
As mentioned at the start of this thread we provide motorbike tours; being basically a family business means we're only able to run one tour at a time - while still providing accommodation (on a bed & breakfast only basis at a preferred local hotel) for those guests who arrive early for the next tour / staying on for a few more days after the last tour - at the same time we're out on the road with the current tour.

It appears Solidres' first step is asking for the dates required by potential guests, if I'm not mistaken? We plan our calendar some five years in advance, having a choice of seven tours altogether and for the last 15 years our guests have looked at the schedule first to see when it's available - can the iCal plugin provide a similar overview? Presently we're using the Google calendar component on our site for overview
www.thai-mc-tours.com/tours/tour-dates
As an example, is there any way we can integrate anything similar?

Milo

Moderators: solidres