Error message incorrect

More
9 months 1 week ago #19995 by Thellie
Error message incorrect was created by Thellie
I didn't write down the error message before I solved the issue, but it's something like:
0 - Experience booking needs Custom Field plugin to be installed

Experience and Custom Field plugins were both installed at this point, and both enabled.

I think the problem occurred because I tried to install Experience before installing Custom Field. So, although I then installed Custom Field first (as per the warning message in the install process), I could not do anything after that - it was not possible to click on the initial menu item I created.

The problem appears to be that trying to install Experience first causes an issue which is not resolved once the Custom Field plugin is installed.

I solved it by uninstalling all experience plugins and the Custom Field plugin, and reinstalling them.

It's not a big issue, if you know how to resolve it, but I'm sure many people try to install experience first without realising Custom Field is needed before that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #19999 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Error message incorrect
Hi,

If both plugins are installed and you still see that error message, it is the plugin ordering issue: the Custom Field plugin must be published before the Experience plugin.

You can always change the ordering in Joomla Plugin Manager to get rid of this error message.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thellie

More
9 months 3 days ago #20024 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Error message incorrect
Hi guys,
@Solidres thinking on the entire Solidres plugins system, Please, the Custom Field / Experience plugins ordering is the only precaution we have to be careful or Are there other plugins ordering we have to check, to take care ?

Moderators: solidres