Media Manager topic locked

More
7 months 2 days ago #20168 by joomleb
Media Manager topic locked was created by joomleb
Hi guys,
This "Media Manager - Folders" FR
www.solidres.com/forum/implemented/10451...ger-folders?start=12
has been closed as "implemented", but:

- the original Feature Request was for the possibility to create subfolders and reordering the images. Nothing of them has been added with the new Solidres Media Manager.

- the Locked topic does not permit us to Reply and continue the discussion between all the topic submitters.

Please, Can you reopen the topic, so we can comment there and receive the opinions/replies from the topic submitters ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 days ago #20169 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Media Manager topic locked
Hi,

You misunderstood the original feature request:

www.solidres.com/forum/implemented/10451...ger-folders?start=12

The original request is about the ability to add folder to group media per property => it was implemented.

With the new media manager you can also re-ordering images, not sure why you said it was not implemented?

The original feature request was implemented and it is locked. Further discussion must be in new topics.

Also you must not duplicate your posts in multiple topics.

Regards,

More
7 months 17 hours ago #20175 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Media Manager topic locked
Hi guys,

"...not sure why you said it was not implemented?..." = Because the original topic
www.solidres.com/forum/implemented/10451...olders?start=0#16870
say:

"... Being able to create folders within the media manager would be extremely helpful in organizing the files..." = I assumed "to create" subfolders within the automatic created one, to "organize" the files as Partner wants.

"...With a few hundred images in one folder it becomes very time consuming to find the one I want to insert..." = For sure, the first way to look into a photos folder is to order them by name and / osr search by name....
And a "lakdkfkif if fkkcickfnfjfkkffn....", really, it is not a "name"

"...Also you must not duplicate your posts in multiple topics..." = The intention was not to multiply, but to reply into the "Media" topics advised about the new Solidres Media Manage to discuss with them about this "renaming" issue and let see if they have a workoround.

"...The original feature request was implemented and it is locked. Further discussion must be in new topics...." = to lock directly a topic with so many users subscriber, without giving them a way to test the supposed new beta version and to confirm (OR not) the added feature, it is not a good think. We (the users) we have no a way here to discuss between us as a subscribed forum can notify us.
For you that you are the developer is simply, because you login each day.
We (your customer) can loose something because we are not only focused here (this is why often there are topics duplication, loosing a good way to discuss all together)

:)

More
7 months 11 hours ago #20176 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Media Manager topic locked
Hi,

This feature is to create single level folder for each property, to organize files within that folder. It does not means that users can create unlimited nested folders to store the images in 1000 ways that they want, it would be unmanageable and a nightmare for site owners.

For implemented feature, we also replied the topic so all subscribed users can get notification, then it is done. Testing and feedback must go to new topics.

Duplicate topics will be deleted, please help to keep the forum easier to read and follow.

Regards,

More
7 months 7 hours ago - 7 months 7 hours ago #20177 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Media Manager topic locked
Hi,
I just gently answered to your question:
"...why you said it was not implemented?..."
And I began with: "Because I assumed" (past time)

"...please help to keep the forum easier to read and follow..." = I have a collaborative history here, where I always posted in a proactive mode, helping users and redirecting them to the main discussion.
A lot of users do not search before posting, it is not our case. On that moment the duplication born.

"...Duplicate topics will be deleted..." = The "duplication" is when a user open a new forum topic for something that there is yet another discussion active.
We simply posted the same question on 3 different open topics that are treating the same / or similar question, redirecting the users to the new related feature request I opened. To invite them to partecipate. But we didn't opened those topics.
If you consider that to use same/similar words on replies it is a "duplicated", be careful, because on those topics you wrote exactly the same phrase:

"Hi all,
The new media manager is ready, please give it a test: ..."

Have we to consider it as a duplicate?!?
:D :)
Last edit: 7 months 7 hours ago by joomleb.

Moderators: solidres