WhatsApp option in the point "Need help booking? Talk to us!"

More
5 years 4 months ago #12317 by ropeadventures
I did both actually.

Most of them I made them editable in the back end.

Some of them - those who are the same for every tour, I just changed the layout directly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: darja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #12320 by darja
Many thanks for this great peace of code, just add it and it works exactly as it should be. Wouldnt it be possible then to add the FB Messenger link as well?
The direct link is fb.com/msg/yourfacebookname
Im just not sue how to embedd it the same way you embedd WA (including logo).

Beside this there another issue which is Browser related. FireFox and Safari are actually to stupid to use the api.wa link, the can only use the web.wa link while all other Browswer and all mobile device can only use the api.wa link. The bug is reported at list to FireFox team since march but it still exist. I find a workaround solution but Im not sure where this guy wants to place his code as he just write "save it as index.php" which sounds strange for me. Here is the link to this solution:
medium.com/@jeanlivino/how-to-fix-whatsa...browsers-fc661b513dc
Maybe you have an idea how to transport his solution in solidres. At least FireFox is still used be about 30% of all users on Desktop / Laptops.

Finaly im curious if the solution you suggest and which work perfect is update resistant :) No big deal to add it after an update but maybe it already is resistant or there is a way to realize it.

cheers and THANKS

Olaf

More
5 years 4 months ago #12323 by solidres
Hi,

Thank you for those info, we will consider adding support for them in the next release.

Regards,

More
5 years 4 months ago #12325 by ropeadventures
Hello,

Well, actually i haven´t realized i wasn´t working on firefox.

Here is the fix for solidres:

Edit same file:
plugins/solidres/experience/components/com_solidres/views/experience/tmpl/default.php
After line 15 insert this:

function isMobileDevice() {
return preg_match("/(android|avantgo|blackberry|bolt|boost|cricket|docomo|fone|hiptop|mini|mobi|palm|phone|pie|tablet|up\.browser|up\.link|webos|wos)/i", $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]);
}

After line 197 insert this:

<?php if (isMobileDevice()): ?>
<a style="color:green" href="https :// wa.me/YOURPHONENUMBER">
<i class="fa fa-whatsapp" style="color:green"></i>
<?php echo "Whatsapp";?>

</a>
<?php else : ?>
<a style="color:green" href="https :// web.whatsapp.com/send?phone=YOURPHONENUMBER">
<i class="fa fa-whatsapp" style="color:green"></i>
<?php echo "Whatsapp"; ?>

</a>
<?php endif; ?>

"h t t p : // wa.me/your phone number" - this must be all together.

I´ve run the text on Android, iPhone, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari and no issues.

Please let me know if it works for you.

About the same issue on the home page, I´m still working on it.
On Solidres it's not updat resistant unless Solidres developers make it happen on the next updates.

Please, be aware, I am not a developer person, I just spend too much time working on Solidres codes to make it better and suit to my company, that way I´ve been learning a little bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: darja

More
5 years 4 months ago #12326 by ropeadventures
For messenger:

You should edit the same file.

<?php if (messenger): ?>
<a style="color:blue" href="m.me/YOURFACEBOOKNAME">
<i class="fa fa-facebook-square" aria-hidden="true" style="color:blue"></i>
<?php echo "Messenger"; ?>
</a>
<?php endif; ?>

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #12327 by darja
@ropeadventures: You made my day again, many thanks for implementing the fix imediatly!!! Test it on FireFox and Edge and Android so far and al lworks fine now :)
One hint for other people, if you edit below line 15 first, line 197 is not line 197 anymore ;)

You made already some nice addons to the experience layout, I will try to go a bit deeper into php to modify it by myself as well, the extra boxes on the right are very usefull!

One question I still have, did you want it open in the same window or is it not possible to open another window or is it just a browser issue from those that cant use the api version and only use the web option. Im just curious about that.

Now its your task Solidres team ;) Would be nice to have it embedded and so update resistant.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by darja.

Moderators: solidres