How to configure Channel Manager
The Channel Manager is provided by the integration between Solidres and MyAllocator.com
Myallocator is Cloudbed’s channel manager. It powers inventory deliverability for thousands of hotels, hostels, and B&Bs in over 100 countries across the globe. With over 300 integrated marketing channels, it has more than any other channel manager on the market. This gives property owners and operators the freedom to list their inventory with previously unknown online marketplaces.
Please follow the following steps to join:
1. Go to myallocator.com to sign up for a 30 days free trial account (it is easy, no credit card is required).Here's how to Sign Up for FREE 30 days trial account:
- Go to https://www.myallocator.com/signup
- Enter the information in signup form
- Click "Create Free Account" button
2. Then in myallocator.com, you need to create a new property (asset / hotel) for it. After it is created, please provide us via Support Ticket system your property's ID and your website address so that we can use them to configure the API server.
Then assign Solidres as your property's PMS
MyAllocator supports 02 rate types per property including Rate per person and Rate per room. Choose a correct rate type for your property in General Details page.
NOTE Please note that in myallocator.com, you don't need to create room types or tariff, it will be done by Solidres. Once the integration is set up, all of your room types and tariff will be synced to myallocator.com by Solidres.
3. Next, you need to download Channel Manager plugin, after installed and enabled it via Joomla plugin manager, you can open it and enter your MyAllocator account into field User Id + Password.
4. After you configured it, there will be a new tab in your asset called "Channel Manager", please enter your property Id there, then click load channels, if your configured channels in myallocator are loaded here, then your property id is correct.
5. And the next steps are Sync your room types & availability in Solidres to Myallocator.
Here is the screen before you perform data synchronization to Myallocator:
Sync your room types:
To do that you can create a new room type in Solidres or edit existing room type is Solidres. Then in tab Channel Manager, you can notice an setting named "Sync options", there are 4 options for you to choose: None, Availability, Rate, Both. If you choose None, then this room type will not sync to MyAllocator, you can choose to sync Availability or Rate or both.
Then after saved, your room type and room number will be sent to MyAllocator.
When the sync is completed, Solidres will show My Allocator's room ID for your room type in Channel Manager tab. It can not be changed.
MyAllocator has a very good tutorial about mapping room types from PMS to MyAllocator and OTA, check it here.
Sync your availability (means complex tariff):
Before this step, make sure that you have set up at least 01 channel in MyAllocator. If you want to test the syncing first, then create a channel named "Developer Loopback" and assign it to your room type.
You can create a new complex tariff or editing existing tariffs, then after saved, your tariff will be sent to Myallocator.
After that, go to MyAllocator dashboard and make sure the rates and availability were synced correctly.
After syncing your room type and complex tariff, your channel manager integration is almost completed. You can assign a real channel to your room type.