Initial configuration for Hub plugin
After installed Hub plugin, there are several steps that needed to be done:
Create new 02 menu items:
- Menu item with type "Solidres - Show front end Hub search page": this is a page that contains the search results, after a guest search for availability via Advanced Search module, they will be redirected to this page to view search results.
- Menu item with type "Solidres - Show the frontend dashboard": this is the front end dashboard where your partner manages their own assets in the front end. The only partner can access the front-end dashboard.
Front-end partner's dashboard
A partner is a user who has full access to his own assets only. With Hub plugin, a partner can manage assets, room types, reservations, coupons, extras, limit booking, discounts, statistics, feedbacks and experiences from front end without having to access the Joomla's backend. This kind of separation of duty increase your site security and simplify backend ACL configuration.
And here are the screenshots of the partner's dashboard in the front-end:
The frontend management UI is pretty much the same as the backend, we keep them consistent to make your management tasks become easier.
- Go to Solidres Options page - Component tab, Partner user group to choose a Joomla user group for your partners. "Editor" user group is a good choice. You also need to make sure that Partner user group and Customer user group are different.
- After that, make sure your chosen Joomla user group has enough permission, go to Solidres Options Page - Permissions tab, click on that user group and make sure it has the following permissions: Create, Edit, Edit State, Edit Own.
Install and publish the following modules:
- Advanced Search module (mod_sr_advancedsearch), this is a supportive module of Hub plugin which provides the ability to search by location (city).
- Filter module (mod_sr_filter), this step is optional. Please note that to show the price filter, you have to edit your currency in the backend and define price ranges into field "Filter range" first. The price range format is similar to this one:
- Location Map module (mod_sr_locationmap), this module is used to show the map for the current results page. This step is optional.
- My Recent Search module (mod_sr_myrecentsearch), this module is used to show the assets that guest has been visited on your site. This step is optional.
- Assets module (mod_sr_assets), this module is often used to show a list of assets with slideshow/carousel, the most appropriate place for this module is the homepage where you want to showcases some of your features assets.
OPTIONALLY You can enable Hub's Subscription and Commissions feature to assist you with generating income for your site if you have the plan to monetize your Hub powered site. (How to configure subscription and commission in Hub plugin)
NOTE With Subscription feature, you will need to enable the plugin "Solidres - Paypal payment plugin for Hub subscription" and configure it via Joomla Plugin Manager.