(Transfer)Wise & payment gateway

More
1 year 7 months ago #19221 by Thai-Mc-Tours
(Transfer)Wise & payment gateway was created by Thai-Mc-Tours
Hi All
Have used a number of remuneration solutions over the years but find Wise (previously TransferWise) consistently cheapest, fastest etc., especially as over 70% of our guests return - making me believe it's the little touches (saving them money lol) aiding most of this repeat business?
I've asked Wise for preferred payment gateways, but received a list which doesn't match with your own
Can anyone recommend any suitable payment gateways for them please? Mostly it's bank transfer to Wise account in customer's home country, could your bank transfer component be adapted for multiple accounts/countries for example?
Thanks in advance
Milo

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #20003 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic (Transfer)Wise & payment gateway
I'm interested in knowing about this as well, although being an NGO we're not allowed to have an account. BUt I do have a personal Wise account and will be building my own income generating (fingers crossed anyway...) website soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thai-Mc-Tours

More
3 months 2 days ago #20332 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Replied by Thai-Mc-Tours on topic (Transfer)Wise & payment gateway
It's possible to link with Wise via Stripe's payment plugin available on here
However, Stripe charge the usual 3.5% card charges (which I'm afraid rather than loading our prices to include remittance rates, I add those percentages and let the customer decide who they'd prefer to use) which pretty much negates any Wise savings.
I've also had a bit of a grumble at Wise, unfairly as it turns out (oops!), long story short they've REALLY upset the apple cart here, I mean, you shouldn't go messing with the international banking community without expecting reprisals & the only reason Wise are still in business, had to Kowtow & accept a massive amount of limitations. They're still able to run personal & business accounts, carry on as they were doing, but nothing new - i.e. if they released their own payment app/component, well they'd find themselves in a whole world of pain.
Great guys in their support team by the way, easy-going, chatty, quite happy to chew the fat & pass the time of day going off-topic to cover those almost-connected subjects which only come to mind mid-thread? CloudAccess servers are the same, I can't recommend them highly enough, especially for a rank amateur such as myself! Those guys'll happily get in there & fix things just because they know how, not because it's their job/responsibility to. Superb.

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thellie, stefaniffland

Moderators: solidres