problem with menu path in foreign languages

More
7 years 2 months ago #9338 by sjp
Hello support team,

I use 4 different languages for my website and I am using Falang and Speedy Translate for making translations. I use English as default language. I have translated all asset categories in Solidres and also the menu titles for the main menu and module titles for the hub search results pages into French, German and Spanish with the Falang component. I made an external link in the main menu for accommodations and sub menus for the drop down menu that link to different accommodation category pages.

In English and French the menu path for these accommodation category pages are correct. The strange thing is that the menu path for the accommodation category pages are not correct. The pages itself show correctly in these 2 languages, but the menu path to these pages follows the French path.

for instance: menu path to a hotel category page in Spanish is as follows: domain name.com/es/hebergements/hoteles. the word before hoteles belongs to the French menu path. It should be domain name.com/es/alojamientos/hoteles.
The same is happening with all the other accommodation category pages in Spanish and also in German.

I have searched and checked all translations were made correctly into Spanish and German in the Falang component. I can't find the cause of the wrong menu paths. Can you tell me what can cause these wrong menu paths? What do I have to do to correct them? Or is this a mistake in the Falang translation software or are the Solidres asset categories not translatable with Falang? I hope to hear from you soon!

best regards,
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #9341 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic problem with menu path in foreign languages
Hi,

Could you raise a new support ticket and provide us your website address + admin account so that we can check it for you?

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #9373 by sjp
Hello support,

I have decided to use Joomla Core translation system instead of Falang component. I am already very far with the translations in Joomla core now. Is it necessary to make translations of the accommodation categories in the Joomla system in the back-end dashboard? I see that if I do this there will be a long list of property categories in different languages to choose from in the setup page for the assets. Normally this is only 7 categories in English. It is confusing to me.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Sandra

More
7 years 2 months ago #9375 by solidres
Hi,

The only way to avoid long list as you mentioned (we call it duplication) is to use Falang because Falang offers more advanced multilingual system than the core Joomla translation system.

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #9384 by sjp
Hello support,

I don't mind to duplicate menu's, menu items, articles, and categories in the front end of my site with Joomla core. One of the things that I miss is a way to translate the asset categories within the Solidres system in the back end in an easy way. I can batch these with Joomla core, but than I end up with 49 asset categories instead of 7 asset categories. And that seems not to work, because property owners can only select one asset category when they list a property. This means that their listing will be only listed in one language and not in the other foreign languages.

I use Speedy translate too, but there is no inline translation available within the Solidres system itself in the back end and the front end. This inline translation would be very handy for translating property details, booking policy details, meta-date etc. into different languages. I try to use the in context translation within the Solidres system, but that seems only to be working in the back end, and not in the front end with Joomla core. Is this in-context translation not supported in the front end Solidres sytem when you use Joomla Core translations?

Best regards,
Sandra

More
7 years 2 months ago #9385 by solidres
Hi,

As we already mentioned, you have to use Falang if you want to build a proper multilingual site. Joomla core multilingual system is only suitable for simple site.

Speedy Translate has full support for Solidres, and of course Inline Translation is also available for Solidres, if you have any issues with it please raise a new support ticket and include your website address and admin account, we will check it for you.

About Context Translation, please make sure that you logged in as super user in front end before you can start using this feature.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres