[2.12.8 Issues] Experience Search module 0.7.1

More
2 years 10 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #18325 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.21 + Joomla 3.9.28 + Solidres 2.12.1

Calendar Icons
- Module Property Advanced Search 1.3.3 - Calendar icons are Okay - i add an image
- Module Experience Search 0.7.1 - Calendar Icons are missing - I add an image

Prices Range
Would be good to add the "All" option language string also to the Prices Range field - here the topic
Right no a blank field is shown...
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #18994 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.29 + Joomla 3.10.9 + Solidres 2.12.8 etc.

Calendar Icons
- Module Property Advanced Search 1.3.4 - Calendar icons datepickers are Okay - i added an image
- Module Experience Search 0.7.1 - Calendar Icons datepickers are missing - I added an image

Prices Range
Would be good to add the "All" option language string also to the Prices Range field - here the topic
Right now an awful and incomprehensible blank field is shown...

Please, Can you confirm them ?

Load location from db
We are running Solidres as HUB, to have a "Load Base Location from db" setting (and maybe also a "Load End Location from db" one) it is a must. As you done for the Property Advanced Search module.
Please, Can you add it ?
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by joomleb.

More
1 year 11 months ago #19005 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic [2.12.8 Issues] Experience Search module 0.7.1
Hi,

About the calendar icon, we will consider adding it for future releases.

About the All option, it was added since version 0.7.1 for default layout, not yet for horizontal layout, we will add it in the next release.

About option to load base location from db, please raise a new feature request for it.

Regards,

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #19048 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.29 + Joomla 3.10.9 and Joomla 4.1.4 + Solidres 2.12.8 + Experience Search module 0.7.1 etc. - Trying to help and be proactive:

Calendar Icons
- Module Property Advanced Search 1.3.4 - Calendar icons datepickers are Okay
- Module Experience Search 0.7.1 - Calendar Icons datepickers are missing
Solution
File …/modules/mod_sr_experience_search/tmpl/horizontal.php
Old code from line 57 to line 75 >>> New code from line 106 to line 128: moved label closing + added 2 <div class="sr-exp-date-search"> container + added a div container for the “to” field + added calendar icon i class + to add this CSS:

.sr-exp-date-search {
display: flex;
border: 1px solid #ced4da;
border-radius: 0.25rem;
}
.sr-exp-date-search .form-control {
border: none;
cursor: pointer;
}
.sr-exp-date-search i.fa-calendar {
margin: auto auto auto -1.5rem;
}

Prices Range
"All" option language string to the Horizontal Prices Range field
Right now an awful and incomprehensible blank field is shown...
Solution
line 136 - <option value=""></option> >>> <option value=""><?php echo JText::_('SR_FILTER_ALL') ?></option>

Submit Button Class
In Bootstrap 5 (Joomla 4 Cassiopea) the “btn-block” class has been deprecated: getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/components/buttons/
This is causing a bad layout button position. It has been replaced and it should be replaced here with a d-grid class that should be added into the “action” class div.
Solution
line 165 - <div class="action"> >>> <div class="action d-grid">
As far as I see, adding it by default, it is not causing any undesired effect on other Bootstrap version layouts.

As you did for Properties, Coupons etc. the Submit Button Class should follow the default setting
Solution
line 169 - <button class="btn btn-block btn-default btn-primary" type="submit"><i >>> <button class="btn btn-block btn-default <?php echo SR_UI_BTN_DEFAULT ?>" type="submit"><i

Horizontal layout
The Horizontal layout should be shown in two rows (or it is not an horizontal layout) and, as a matter of consistency, Property horizontal and Experience horizontal should follow the same order, the same reasoning, like:
Property
Category > Name > Location
Check-in > Check-out > Rooms (Adults - Children)
Experience
Category > Base Location > End Location
From date > To date > Range by prices
Solution
File …/modules/mod_sr_experience_search/tmpl/horizontal.php (I will look into Property File …/modules/mod_sr_advancedsearch/tmpl/horizontal.php file in a separate topic).
Now, due that:
the most important thing in horizontal view is to have it shown always on two rows
you are used to add different layout classes for md screens ( ≥768px )
all enclosed fields on md screens have et the sufficient width to be shown
I used a fixed <div class="<?php echo SR_UI_GRID_COL_4 ?>"> for the first row and <div class="<?php echo SR_UI_GRID_COL_3 ?>"> for the second one, instead to call <div class="<?php echo $colWidth; ?>"> for both that could cause a 3 rows layout depending on the enabled fields.
If you want to use <div class="<?php echo $colWidth; ?>"> would be good to use two different rules, one for the first row (3 enabled fields at maximum), one for the second row (4 enabled fields at maximum).

Would be very good to add this CSS to avoid an awful layout on big screens:
.solidres-module-experience-search {
max-width: 70rem;
margin: 0 auto 1rem;
}

Load location from db
I opened the feature request "Experience Search module 0.7.1 - Load location from db" here: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...oad-location-from-db
Please, Can you help on it ?

No Tour Found Redirect Page
When submit > If “No tour found” it appends the NO results to the same page (the “Menu Item Id” field setting) that will be an awful empty page,
Solution
--- To add just the Alert Warning Message SR_TOUR_NOT_FOUND to the same page - Please, Can you help on it ? (through Ajax , no reload page would be better)
--- To change the Language String SR_TOUR_NOT_FOUND from the simple “No tour found” to something more proactive like: “No tour found, try with other search terms”

I add the “fixed” horizontal suggested file for you. Please, Can you confirm them point by point ?
- Here the horizontal layout in a test site Helix Ultimate 2.0.9
- Here the horizontal layout in a live view

Search & Filter - TOO IMPORTANT:
Anway, the Experience Search module cannot be used with the Experience Filter module (assigning both to the same menu item), when I select a filter / or when I do a search the module "disappears" (I suppose it is due to the redirects feature).

The goal is to make things as simple as possible both for the User Experience, but above all for the Developers (you), considering the starting conditions.. How? :

- by adding a Category Multiselect Bootstrap for the Category dropdown menu field of the Experience Search module. Multi selecting features that can simplify a lot the layout and to save a lot of space. Code examples:

--- first example- this "Multiselect with label" code would be very good: mdbootstrap.com/docs/standard/extended/multiselect/ because the label never disappear, it is only moved FROM within the field as a placeholder TO into the border

--- second example-

--- third example - colorlib.com/wp/template/multiselect-05/

- by adding an Experience sortfilterbar, the same as for Properties (included the “Map” button, hooping to see soon an Experience Base Location Longitude / Latitude fields)

- by adding an Experience Search sortfilterbar button in the first position:
Search | Filter | Sort | Map
Where clicking on Search the “Experience Module Search” module will be shown. So, I’ll can perform a Search and then Filter and/or Sort and/or show in a Map all the results
PS - I wrote my best final solution opinion in the Support Ticket T4p9LHjNtXW

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by joomleb.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #19098 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.30 + Joomla 3.10.10 and Joomla 4.1.5 + Solidres 2.12.9 + Experience Search module 0.7.2 etc. - Trying to help and be proactive:

Prices Range - fixing added, thanks

Calendar Icons / Submit Button Class / Horizontal layout - fixings NOT added
Last time I gave you the fixed tested files to check. It seems like you lost them. Please, Can you add these fixings ?

Load location from db - added Feature Request - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...oad-location-from-db
To understand how we can manage our customers, Please, has it been added to the roadmap?

About:
- Search & Filter - TOO IMPORTANT
- No Tour Found Redirect Page
Please, we would like to know what is your point of view...

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by joomleb.

Moderators: solidres