Joomla! 4 issues

More
2 years 3 months ago #18776 by kirungi
Joomla! 4 issues was created by kirungi
I'm on a clean install of Joomla! 4 and Solidres 2.12.6. I have the following issues with J! 4 although they haven't caused a problem yet:
1. Joomla is reporting a problem with the Solidres database, although Solidres reports everything is fine.
2. Solidres reports that I have the emarald template as default for the frontend although I am actually using Joomla's default template called Cassiopeia. I have Solidre's Emarald installed, but disabled, since it wasn't working with Joomla 4.
3. Solidres reports that I'm using template overrides, though I haven't enabled any. I didn't click Solidre's "Disable all overrides" button for fear of what might happen.
I have attached all the relevant screenshots here, including info about my system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #18778 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Joomla! 4 issues
Hi,

1. This is an issue with the new Joomla 4 feature when it generates false report, there may be bugs in the way/the order it read the SQL update files. You can safely ignore them.

2. Actually, "Emerald - Default" is the default name of the template's style, it is named by Joomla automatically after a template is installed, you can change it to whatever you want in your template styles manager. It does not mean "the default template".

3. The Emerald template has template override in its HTML folder, therefore the report is correct.

Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago #18785 by kirungi
Replied by kirungi on topic Joomla! 4 issues
OK, thanks.

More
2 years 3 months ago #18834 by easybreather
Replied by easybreather on topic Joomla! 4 issues
Hi
I experienced the same issue as 'kirungi'.
I had initially created a test website using SolidRes 2.12.6 and was really impressed - so much so that I will use it in the full version - which I started today.
However, on deleting the trial site, reinstalling Joomla v4x and SolidRes, a number of db errors were reported. I attached the screen dump for your entertainment.

Also, I initially set the php version to 8.1, but Solidres was not happy until php reverted to 7.4.
Is this going to be an issue in the near future since 7.4 will be deprecated in 2022 (well support limited and will die prob 2023).

eb
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago #18835 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Joomla! 4 issues
Hi,

About the db errors, you can rest assure that your Solidres database is totally fine, there is a known limitation in Joomla database schema checker that lead to false report, more information can be found here:

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/36272
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/36363

So for now you can safely ignore those false warnings, in v2.12.7 we will include some workaround for this Joomla issue.

We also recommend you to use PHP 8.0 as PHP 8.1 is not yet fully tested, you should wait for v2.12.7 for PHP 8.1 compatibility

Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago #18836 by easybreather
Replied by easybreather on topic Joomla! 4 issues
;-) ok. thx.

Moderators: solidres