Simplify the reservation amending process

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #10346 by Thellie
Hi :)

We're adding in the current registrations into our system at the moment, and have already connected the myallocator system with 4 channels. The bookings are coming in, with a couple of hiccups re: overbooking (it's a good idea to set your default room state to confirmed, not pending arrival - other channels will deem the room as still available).

I've pared the in-house reservation process down, leaving only first name, last name, email, country, notes - and altered the code to make them all optional - in the interest of getting the booking into the system as quickly and easily as possible. Additional information can be added afterwards, which brings me onto the main bottleneck:

It would be very handy if amends were easier to make - rather than go through the booking process again (amend->load booking->reinput tariff->etc etc), which knocks out any manual pricing and reverts to the tariff room rate. To be able to adjust the prices, check-in/out dates, in the individual booking reservation's general info section. Does that make sense? I guess this is linked to the booking process so would break the chain, but it would make post-booking adjustments much smoother.

[edit] I forgot one last thing - I'm not sure if it's possible to do in the PMS or whether it's something the channel manager must handle. As we're inputting bookings made before the system went live, we have (as far as I can work out) no way of connecting the booking with the channel's original booking. It would be good if we could input the booking's channel ID and booking ID to connect the two sides (PMS and OTA). All I can see is a manual entry to change the booking 'origin' in the general info area.

Apart from that, we're very happy with how it's going so far - so thank you for your hard work in building this system, and at a price that our NGO can afford! :woohoo:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Thellie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #10357 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Simplify the reservation amending process
Hi,

Your suggestion makes sense, we are always trying to make it easier and easier for users to use and manage their businesses with Solidres. We've been simplified the UI, the workflow .etc. to achieve that.

Simplifying the reservation amending is one of our target too, however it is not easy to do due to some technical difficulties.

About your second question about channel manager, as you can see in the following work flow, Solidres only sync availability to OTA, not the actual reservations, in the other hand, OTA is responsible to sync real reservation to Solidres.

www.solidres.com/media/static/img/docume.../channel-manager.png

We've moved this topic into our Feature Request forum for better tracking, also the title is edited to better description.

Regards,

More
6 years 7 months ago #10359 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic Simplify the reservation amending process
Having seen the image you posted, it makes sense now. I think this is only a short term thing, as once we have all the old bookings in, we'll only be adding walk-ins ourselves - we should finish this work today, hopefully!

The Paypal issue I mentioned previously was partly me, partly the system - I'm not sure why but in the booking process, when you get to the page with the payment options, sometimes it defaults to Paypal payment and Online payments is 'on' - this isn't set anywhere in the options as far as I know, so I have to manually change it each time.

Also, although the default room state has been set to 'confirmed' (as I mentioned before), if I make a new reservation in the system, it reverts to 'pending arrival' in the general info area - again, I have to change it manually.

Minor issues though :)

Moderators: solidres