New Filter Module - Currency Filter Price Range

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #12314 by joomleb
Hi,
right now Administrator have to work to set all the prices range limiting the user search to that range.
You developed an amazing "Currency -plugin" where the currency exchange are automatically applied, but I have to manage manually all the Price Range !!!
In this way the Currency plugin is useless, as HUB Administrators we cannot check, calculate and edit all the Filter Price Range avery day...

While the users could choose "From" "To" the ranges:
The Filter Module simply should be a "free" From / To (entering the numbers, not selecting a "filter range category") and be applied in the same Currency I'm displaying the HUB, for example:
- I enter: From "5" to "18" and I'm displaying EUR currency, the result should be from 5 to 18 Eruros;
- I enter: From "5" to "18" and I'm displaying USD currency, the result should be from 5 to 18 USD Dolloars;
- The Currency > Filter Range field should not exist !

Without useless work, Simple, Practical, Open to endless search results...
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #12316 by solidres
Hi,

There are differences between currency's exchange rate and currency's filter range.

Exchange rate is dynamic and it is changed regularly while filter range is fixed for each currency and don't need to be changed.

It does not make sense to use the same filter range for all currencies, for example you can not use filter range 5 => 18 for currencies like Thai Bath because you won't find any hotels with it, the range is too small.

Regards.

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #12332 by joomleb
Hi,
"Price ranged are fixed for each currency, and only need to be set once. They don't need to be changed like exchange rate."
Sorry for my English if is not understable. Let me explain it better:

- HUB Portal currency set to USD
- I use Currencies to give a service to portal stranger visitors to know quickly How muchis a reservation...
- So, let me say a Colombian visitor can show the USD price in COL cololombian pesos. Let me say today is 1 USD = 30 pesos
- To have the Filter Module running I have to set the Price Range for the COL Colombian pesos. So, I have to convert manually all my USD prices range from USD to COL and input into the COL currency.
- Let me say that Colombian pesos today is 1 USD = 30 COL, while next week will be 1 USD = 22 COL
- So,I have to manually check the conversion, arrange them to the updated currency exchange and that work for all the Currencies !!!
- Is crazy, have no sense, and more crazy if we think to do it to limit the customers searches to those fixed ranges!

SOLUTION:
The Filter Module simply should be a "free" From / To (entering the numbers, not selecting a "filter range category") and be applied in the same Currency I'm displaying the HUB, for example:
- I enter: From "5" to "18" and I'm displaying EUR, the result should be from 5 to 18 Eruros;
- I enter: From "5" to "18" and I'm displaying USD, the result should be from 5 to 18 USD Dolloars;
- The Currency > Filter Range field should not exist anymore!

No work for the Administrators, forever, without any limits, full customizable from customers, 100% Free...

Moderators: solidres