Migration to Joomla 4

More
10 months 1 week ago #19934 by Thellie
Migration to Joomla 4 was created by Thellie
I am building a new website for our foundation (J!4.3.2, Fabrik 4 Delta, Solidres 12.3.4), and am wondering whether to incorporate our guesthouse website into the new website...

• To have our volunteer registration and records database in there ( Fabrik 4) it's nearly completed

• To have our ecotours booking system in there (Solidres)

• ..and to have our guesthouse booking system in there (Solidres

• The ecotours booking system will definitely go in there, and I will probably input the tours and other information again from scratch (I don't need historical data. But the guesthouse system is used daily, and cannot be shut down for more than a day.

The main question is - should I input the guesthouse system (properties, room types, rate plans, etc) new, or is there a way to migrate it?

I am comfortable using MySQL/PHPMyAdmin if necessary.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    10 months 1 week ago #19936 by solidres
    Replied by solidres on topic Migration to Joomla 4
    Hi,

You should make a full backup of your old Joomla and then restore it into your local or a development server to test the Joomla upgrade first, then document the whole process and then applies to your live Joomla, this way it'd minimize the site down time.

For Solidres, please follow the upgrade notes here:

www.solidres.com/blog/2022/12/13/joomla-...-for-solidres-users/

All Solidres data is preserved after update, there is no need to migrate anything.

Regards,
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Thellie

More
    9 months 1 week ago #20004 by Thellie
    Replied by Thellie on topic Migration to Joomla 4
    In the end, I decided to keep the guesthouse website separate. I have used a new copy of J!4.3.3 and installed a fresh copy of Solidres 2.13.4

Is it possible to transfer the reservations over via MySQL?

Or, which would be preferable and easier, it is possible to re-sync reservations with MyAllocator so that all reservations are imported correctly?

I am ready to go, so would like to get this done asap. Once the reservations are in, I'll point the domain name servers to the new host and it will hopefully be a painless transfer...

More
    9 months 1 week ago #20005 by Thellie
    I take it that Solidres cannot sync reservations between sites? That would be too simple...

More
    9 months 5 days ago #20012 by solidres
    Replied by solidres on topic Migration to Joomla 4
    Hi,

There is currently no existing functionality to transfer the reservations.

It can be done via MySQL, but it'd need database experience to make sure that it is done properly.

Regards,

More
    9 months 5 days ago #20020 by Thellie
    I have experience of this. Could you please let me know the tables/columns which would need transferring, and anything else I would need to know.

I can set up a website copy to test the transfer prior to doing on the main site.

Thanks

Moderators: solidres