Payment methods (Experience)

More
7 months 1 week ago #20154 by Thellie
Payment methods (Experience) was created by Thellie
Hi :)
My question is two-part:
a) Is there an particular payment method to enable and select when customers pay in cash?
b) If there is, can I only enable it in the back end, or ACL-based?

We sell our tours online, but only ask for deposit payments in advance of the tour start date. The remainder is paid in cash on the day, so that we can give the guides money to use during the tour.

I don't really want the cash payment option available to the customer, as we need the deposit paid via Paypal, but I don't want it available to staff when we add the final payment to the customer's record.

Does that make sense?

FYI
The 'Status' area (Payments and Reservations) doesn't seem to work correctly (or maybe not intuitively) - Saving a new status doesn't seem to input the correct data (scope, ordering), code is confusing, and you can't delete from the database either. I had to go into PHPMySQL to update directly in the dbase to get it working properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #20158 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Payment methods (Experience)
Hi,

1. For property, there is a payment setting called Visibility which can be used to set the visibility of a specific payment method (screenshot). This setting is not yet available for experience, would it solve your issue?

2. About the status, we could not replicate your reported issue, could you elaborate more?

Regards,
Attachments:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #20191 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic Payment methods (Experience)
Hi,
Yes, a visibility setting would be exactly what I want, thanks.

Sorry, I can't replicate the issue now, so will leave it. It was a one-off change to the payment status list, so it shouldn't be a problem going forward.

Moderators: solidres