How to restrict customers in the admin area

More
9 years 10 months ago #4276 by Salvage
Hello, please is there a way to restrict customers in the admin area to only certain tabs? Like to have customers only be able to edit roomtypes , assets categories etc but not be able to access the themes, payments, facilities tabs?
If there is no way to do that from the options, can I know the templates or controllers or views where it can be found to edit?

Thanks in anticipation.

Also, I dont know if I should open another topic for this but when I choose the article for the Terms and conditions and Privacy , it doesnt work or show in the pop up from the booking form. Please what could be the problem.

Thanks again in anticipation of response

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4279 by Salvage
Replied by Salvage on topic How to restrict customers in the admin area
I know and appreciate the fact that you will attend to your subscribed customers more than you respond to free users. But I am going to be a paying customer eventually . If I cant get the little things to work out of the box and you cant point me towards how I can do it myself, how do I get convinced to graduate to subscriptions and paid versions?

More
9 years 10 months ago #4281 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic How to restrict customers in the admin area
Hi,
To make Joomla ACL applied to small sections like tabs, you would have to define some new custom permissions and manually edit all layout files to insert ACL checking. This is not a small task.

You must create menu items for those articles in the front end, so that Joomla know how to generate correct links (routing). You can see from our live demo, we have 2 menu items for those articles under menu Reservation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4284 by Salvage
Replied by Salvage on topic How to restrict customers in the admin area
Thanks for your response. I will try creating menus for the articles to link the Terms and Privacy articles.

As for the other question, maybe I felt it important because am coming from Jomres booking component and in Jomres, customers cant have access to the backend admin area where the main configuration of the site is done but can manage the bookings from the front end. Are there plans for that? So that customers (Hotel Managers) can be able to manage rooms, reservations from the front end or a restricted backend and not have access to the main core setup.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4301 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic How to restrict customers in the admin area
Hi,

With our Hub plugin, you can set up to limit the hotel owner (Partner) to manage their assets from front end only, they will have their own dashboard in front end to manage assets, room types, reservations, coupons, extras and even seeing statistics.

www.solidres.com/features-highlights#feature-hub

Cheers,

Moderators: solidres