How to hide or prevent booking a specific room?

More
8 years 5 months ago #6700 by Thellie
Hi :)
We are setting 4 rooms aside to be advertised in booking.com. As such, we don't want them to be available for the public to book... BUT, we do need to be able to enter bookings in the backend.

What do you think the best solution would be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #6702 by vietvh
Hi,

Your use case is quite less common, with the current system, the best solution is in your 4 special rooms, you can create complex tariffs for it but assign it to a special customer group. This way, your public guests in front end will not be able to book them, but you can.

Regards,

More
8 years 5 months ago #6704 by Thellie
Thanks, that's a great idea. :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #6712 by Thellie
Hi :)
It's sort of working...

I have added a customer group called 'booking.com', and set a specific tariff assigned to this group.

Logging in as a registered user, I don't see the tariff on the front end, as I would want. But when I try as superuser, or my colleague as administrator, to add a new reservation in the backend, we only get the public tariffs showing in the drop down menu.

If I change my customer group (in my customer details) to 'booking.com', then I only get to see that tariff, not the public ones, in the front end and backend.

I don't understand why the users who have access to the backend cannot see all tariffs? Must they be specified as Solidres admin? Where and How?

I may be missing something obvious, but have gone in circles so much that I'm not seeing clearly any more. :p

More
8 years 5 months ago #6716 by vietvh
Hi,

Nice week to you.

Solidres uses a flat structure for customer group, there is no hierarchy therefore customer group A can only see tariffs that were assigned to group A.

However we can make a small change for you to load all tariffs in backend, just create a new support ticket and we will share the modification there.

Regards,

More
8 years 5 months ago #6719 by Thellie
Unfortunately my subscription ran out a few days ago, so I'll have to leave it.

C'est la vie :p

Moderators: solidres