Show frontend tariff doesn't do what I would expect...

More
7 years 1 month ago #9452 by ruudlag
This is about Show frontend tariff in Solidres/Options/Tariff.

The explanation given for this item says: shown or hidden.If it is hidden then guest need to click on toggle tariff button to show them.

However: there are 3 options: No, Yes and Only when guest check for availability.

When set to 'No', no tariff is visible and pressing Tariff button does not help.
When set to 'Yes', tariff is visible and toggle tariff button works fine.
When set to 'Only when guest check for availability' the result is the same as if set to Yes: all tariffs are visible.

Now what I would like to see is:
1. No tariff visible as the default, that is before guest checks for availability. But when guest presses Tariff button then tariffs expand and are visible.
2. When guest checks for availability only tariff for chosen period is visible.

2. is OK, but I do not succeed in starting with 1., whatever option I choose for Show frontend tariff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9456 by solidres
Hi,

Nice week to you.

By design, the "No" option won't show any tariffs at all, it was designed for website that does not sell rooms online and want to use Solidres as an online showcase only.

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #9460 by ruudlag
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I can understand that setting Show frontend tariff to 'No' then guest does not see frontend tariff at all.
But what about the difference between 'Yes' and 'Only when guest checks for availability'?
The option 'Only when guest checks for availability' suggests that tariffs are hidden before guest chooses period and presses the Check button. But this is not the case.

What I see now is:
option NO: no tariff visible; tariff button visible and enabled but pressing the button has no effect; after check for availability tariff of chosen period is visible; this option is OK but it would be nice if tariff button would be disabled;
option YES: all tariffs visible; tariff button toggles visibility; after check for availability tariff of chosen period is visible; this option works as expected;
option ONLY WHEN GUEST CHECKS FOR AVAILABILITY: all tariffs are visible; tariff button toggles visibility; after check for availability tariff of chosen period is visible; IN FACT THIS OPTION DOES THE SAME AS THE YES OPTION. I see no difference between YES and ONLY WHEN GUEST etc.

My point is:
Seeing all the tariffs when guest opens the reservation screen makes the screen cluttered. So as the default I would like tariffs to be hidden. But it would be nice if guest could see tariffs by pressing the Tariff button. This is in fact what is suggested by the description of this item. It says: If it is hidden then guest need to click on toggle tariff button to show them.

Hope this makes my point clear.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9462 by solidres
Hi,

About option "ONLY WHEN GUEST CHECKS FOR AVAILABILITY", you should not see any tariffs if guest does not enter any check in/out dates.

Please raise a new support ticket and include your website address and admin account, we will check it for you.

Also, there is a minor bug that tariffs button should not showed, we've fixed it and it will be included in the next release.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres