New SMS plugin

More
6 years 7 months ago #10322 by Thellie
New SMS plugin was created by Thellie
I'd like to pick your brains about this - I've looked at the 3 gateway options now:
  1. Nexmo seems ridiculously expensive per message
  2. Click a tell only does 1-way in Thailand
  3. Bulk SMS seems the likeliest option if we go for it

Do you have any demo or some more info/advice that we can see before committing? I couldn't find anything in your documentation (because it's very new?), so it's all very unknown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #10328 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic New SMS plugin
Hi,

We do not have online demo for SMS functionality, the setup is extremely simple therefore we don't think it need a documentation for it.

Gateway like Nexmo offers free test account, you should sign up and give it a try.

Regards,

More
3 years 8 months ago #17222 by Joeyshah
Replied by Joeyshah on topic New SMS plugin
Hello,
Can you give is the URL for bulk SMS as a google search brings up very confusing results and can't really tell which one is the one used by solidres. Also, can you tell me if this is the right website for sparrow. sparrowsms.com/
Thank you.

More
3 years 8 months ago #17223 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic New SMS plugin
Hi,

Please check the links below:

www.clickatell.com/
www.bulksms.com/
sparrowsms.com/
www.vonage.com/communications-apis/ (Nexmo)

They are the 4 SMS gateways that we implemented at this moment.

Regards,

More
7 months 4 days ago - 7 months 4 days ago #20121 by leonasit
Replied by leonasit on topic New SMS plugin
Creating a Bulk SMS plugin can be a useful addition to your application or service if you want to send SMS messages to multiple recipients at once. Here's a general outline of the steps you can take to create a bulk SMS plugin:

Define the Purpose and Scope: Clearly define the purpose of your bulk SMS plugin. Decide what functionality it should provide, such as sending messages to multiple recipients, scheduling messages, and managing contact lists.

Select a Bulk SMS Service Provider: To send SMS messages in bulk, you'll need to partner with an SMS gateway or service provider that offers an API for sending messages. Popular options include Twilio, Nexmo (now Vonage), Plivo, and many others. Sign up for an account with your chosen provider and obtain API credentials.
Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by leonasit.

Moderators: solidres