Experiences - Itinerary tab in reservations w/customisation capabaility

More
5 years 8 months ago #11899 by solidres
Hi,

About bespoke guest info, how the current Custom Field works for you?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11901 by Thellie
Firstly, I turned off all of the room booking custom fields as I don't need them for this website - it's purely selling tours.

For the experience custom fields, I only have 3 mandatory (first name, last name, email) and an optional notes field.

That's all the information we need from the contact person who books the tour. If the custom fields could be set up for not only the person booking, but also the additional group members, then that would be good.

But they aren't, and we need more details for each member of the group:
Full passport name, passport number, gender, diet (no restrictions, vegetarian, vegan, other), notes. The enables us to purchase emergency insurance cover for the group, and arrange accommodation and meals.

So what I've been doing all day today is building a Fabrik form to get this information. Once the booking is completed, and I'm advising the customer to register during the process, they can login to see their booking details (read only fields pulled from the #_sr_experience_reservations table), as well as add in the details of the group members. I may set up some sort of automated email to send out a copy of the form to customer and/or admin on form submission, but I'm not that far forward yet. Once I finish the form, it'll be checking everything is working properly, emails sending out correctly, css styling bits and pieces, and that should be about it :P

I've attached a screenshot of a couple of pages, but as I said the fabrik form is finished yet...

The basic Experience booking system is really good, but as you can see from the topics I've posted recently there are a few things which we have to work around to get it to work exactly how we want it to...

btw, I like your Greenery template - I think it really suits our ecotours project :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #11957 by Thellie
I have created the Fabrik form, which is available only to the customer (front-end after login) and staff (back-end after admin login).
The fields created are in a separate table group_members, pulling data from
- an itinerary table (a list of records with the basic itinerary for each tour)
- a pickup table (lists hotels, guesthouses, and other pickup points in Chiang Rai)
- the #_sr_experience_reservations table. This is a database join, so COULD be updated by the form. BUT the fields are set not to update the database, and the group which they are assigned to is hidden, so that no-one thinks they can update the table.

For the fields which I wish to show from #_sr_experience_reservations, I have set up new fields in the group_members table.
To populate these fields, I have a MySQL trigger which AFTER INSERT of a new experience reservation, puts copies information from #_sr_experience_reservations to group_members.

This means I can update the information in the group_members table without touching #_sr_experience_reservations table.

It means that I am currently using the Solidres system to get the bookings and process the deposit payment, but after that I use the group_members form to do the updates which I cannot do in Solidres at the moment (such as amending the itinerary; or changing the start date/time), and get the extra information I need from the customer.

It would be good to have this all in the Solidres system, to make things completely integrated, but I'm sure it would be a lot of work.

Attachments:

Moderators: solidres