Experiences - Itinerary tab in reservations w/customisation capabaility

More
5 years 8 months ago #11883 by Thellie
Sorry, another feature request for experiences.

In the reservation section for an individual booking. There are currently 4 tabs: general information; payment; invoice info; guest info.

Our current booking system, I reserve a standard tour, and if the customer wishes to change the itinerary (not just add extras, but remove or swap activities) we can do this in their booking record.

It would be very helpful to have an Itinerary tab as well, where we can alter the itinerary as necessary and save it for the individual booking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11884 by Thellie
I looked at your table for the reservations, and this doesn't look easy to do - the itinerary (and text which all has to go into a single field) is saved with nearly everything else, in the 'experience_history' field. I don't know how that can be pulled out easily.

I think what I need to do, for our purposes, is build two new tables - one with the itineraries (itinerary_id, itinerary, fk to #_sr_experiences.id), and a table which holds the individual reservation's itinerary and reservation code - using the itinerary_id and reservation code as foreign keys.

The amend the 'expreservation' file to add a tab showing the amendable itinerary field.

3 questions:
1. Does that make sense and is it possible?
2. Would it cause any problems elsewhere within the system? I don't plan to pull in any other fields, so I wouldn't be adding/updating any information other than the individual booking itinerary.
3. If an itinerary change results in a revised price for the booking, how would I adjust - use the discount field in general information tab to +/- any price difference?

More
5 years 8 months ago #11891 by solidres
Hi,

You should try to reuse as much as possible instead of creating new table.

The data stored in column "experience_history" is serialized by this function:

php.net/manual/en/function.serialize.php

You can restore it using:

php.net/manual/en/function.unserialize.php

Then you can show the itinerary in the form and allow it to be editable.

Regards,

More
5 years 8 months ago #11892 by Thellie
Thanks. I had a look at the links, but I think the coding is too difficult for me - my php skills are pretty basic. I'm not even sure which file I need to edit:
experience.php, expreservation.php, or bookform.php...?

More
5 years 8 months ago #11894 by solidres
Hi,

For your requirements, you'd need to modify multiple files, not just a single file. We are sorry but major code modification is out of our support scope.

Regards,

More
5 years 8 months ago #11896 by Thellie
That's okay - I thought that would be the case.

I managed to bring the experience_history into the quickview, but it's not really convenient and not that useful without being able to update details.

At the moment I'm installing Fabrik and will do what I mentioned before about having another table in the dbase. This is because I need to do two important things which the solidres experience can't do:

Itinerary updates, and bespoke guest info (passport name, number, diet information).

The idea (which I haven't started yet) is to have a link in the reservation page to a (possibly modal popup) form (Fabrik) where the staff can fill in the details, and/or a link once the guest has logged in for them to input the details themselves - maybe through the tracking module (view=exptracking).

The information can be input manually at the moment, so that it doesn't hold up the opening of the website, but hopefully I can get something built fairly soon to make life a lot easier and quicker :)

Moderators: solidres