Experience - auto registration

More
5 years 6 months ago #11975 by Thellie
Experience - auto registration was created by Thellie
During the booking process, customers have the option to register onto the website.

Is it possible to auto-register them - do not give them the option? So that once the payment/booking is submitted, they are registered as a user...?

I have tried to make it obvious in the booking process that registering means they can access certain information important for their programme, but only one person has done so far...

I'm also trying to work out an alternative option... I realise the the tracking module doesn't need a customer to register on the site, but I can't work out yet how to give them access to the fabrik form without having a userid (Not your problem I know :) )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #11976 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic Experience - auto registration
Okay, I've done this to make the registration more inclusive in the booking process... It still doesn't force the registration, but hopefully will encourage guests to fill these fields in.
I also set registration (joomla user options) "New User Account Activation" to 'None", so that they can login without waiting or verifying.
in
plugins/solidres/experience/components/com_solidres/views/bookform/tmpl/default_guestform.php

I changed the checkbox field from
<input type="checkbox" name="jform[register]" id="jform_register" value="1" />
to
<input type="checkbox" name="jform[register]" id="jform_register" value="1" style="display:none;" checked disabled />

This not only sets the checkbox to checked (which shows the registration fields) but also hides the checkbox itself (so guest cannot see it to turn it off), and disables the checkbox (which disables the ability to turn the checkbox on/off by clicking in that area.

Any thoughts..?

Attachments:

More
5 years 6 months ago #11978 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Experience - auto registration
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solution.

It could work if you want to force user registration. But to achieve automatic registration there is more works to do, for examples:

1. Auto fill email address into the user name field, email will be used as user name
2. Auto generate and fill password into the password field, then password will be included in the emails sending to user.

Regards,

More
5 years 6 months ago #11980 by Thellie
Thanks, I'll look at those as well.
I've set up a fully working test site now and am trying out ideas before adding them to the live site.

More
5 years 6 months ago #11984 by Thellie
I had another booking last night, and they ignored the registration fields still.

Could you please let me know which file needs to be amended to autofill and autogenerate those fields? I had a look through the different files associated with that page, and thought it was:
plugins/solidres/experience/components/com_solidres/views/bookform/tmpl/default.php

So I amended the code at the top of the page from
'jform[customer_password]': {require: false, minlength: 8},
				'jform[customer_username]': {
					required: false,

to
'jform[customer_password]': {required: true, minlength: 8},
				'jform[customer_username]': {
					required: true,

...but when I tested the booking, without filling in the fields, it didn't stop the booking process from completing

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #11992 by Thellie
Hopefully you haven't got to this one yet...

I've worked out how to force registration using a plugin (extstore.com/joomla-extensions/plugins/42-login-popup).

I have created a standard login menu item, following the documentation for the plugin. Then created a second menu item, in a hidden menu, and set the css selector to that of the 'Book Now' button.

If someone hasn't registered/logged in yet, then they cannot book the tour. I think it will work well, although I really don't like the clunky Joomla registration page.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Thellie.

Moderators: solidres