Solidres Site Slow Now Cannot Access WP Admin

More
6 years 9 months ago #9682 by jamesjazz
Solidres Site Slow Now Cannot Access WP Admin

Running Solidres 0.8.3

I have found the site very slow to load and the admin takes 12 to 15 minutes to load. I contacted my host and they suggested it was due to a plug in (I have another site on the same server and it loads just fine)

I found 2 plug ins needed updating (Yoast, MailPoets and Solidres) but I could not update automatically because they kept timing out so I updated them manually.

Yoast and MailPoets updated ok albeit very slowly however after updating to Solidres 0.8.4 the website has completely changed, I can't tell properly if it is still functioning because it is continually loading until it times out not fully loaded.

I think trying to fix a big problem I created an even bigger problem because I suspect the 0.8.4 I updated is a free version without full functionality, am I correct in thinking this?

Is there any way to roll back to 0.8.3 without renewing subscription?

After all I did purchase it originally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #9683 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Solidres Site Slow Now Cannot Access WP Admin
Hi,

Solidres runs exactly the same, regardless of active or expired subscription therefore there is no reason to worry about it.

About your issue, please try to test your site in another hosting or in your local host, do you still have that issue?

Regards,

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #9684 by jamesjazz
Replied by jamesjazz on topic Solidres Site Slow Now Cannot Access WP Admin
I eventually got back in to wp admin. Everything is just taking a very long time.

I'm relieved that manually upgrading to 0.8.4 will have no effect on my site, so thank you for the information.

My host made the following comment in their reply to me:

"I noticed that your website still take time to load. I disabled all your plugins and found that your website loads fast. I see that you are using about 24 plugins for your website. I would recommend you to disable all your plugins and then activate the plugins one by one to see which plugin is causing this slowness."

So I have manually installed the P3 plugin notifier and I am currently running a scan with it, so far it is 32 minutes and still ongoing, I will update you here when it completes.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by jamesjazz. Reason: take out website name

More
6 years 9 months ago #9685 by jamesjazz
This scan did not produce any results, I let it run for 2 hours then I tried to stop it but could not, so I had to close the page and log back in.

I decided to deactivate all the plugins but because it takes so long just to do one I decided to rename each one in wp-content/plugins folder.

This has made no difference whatsover, when I log back in it still takes over 10 minutes to get to the plugins page and I can see that they are all disabled.

I have sent another email to the host company asking them to look at this again, would I be correct in thinking this could be a server configuration issue?

More
6 years 9 months ago #9686 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Solidres Site Slow Now Cannot Access WP Admin
Hi,

From your observations, it is more like a hosting issue.

You can confirm with your local host as it does not require other hosting provider and we can get the answer fast.

Regards,

More
6 years 9 months ago #9689 by jamesjazz
Hi Solidres,

I just want to update here since this is now resolved.

It was confirmed server issues:

The Cloudlinux license had expired and the host has upgraded PHP to version 5.6
They also increased the PHP variables to the maximum allowed setting on a shared hosting account

Thankfully it is all settled now, although I could have done without the stress of it.

I want to thank you for your advice in earlier posts :-)

Moderators: solidres