How to configure a checkout/checkin for the same day/room

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #16575 by RhyeMedia
Hi,

I am testing the Solidres (FREE) component to see if it can be used for a school camp which has 3 properties with only one room/area per property. It seems to be functioning ok so far but I have ran into an issue regarding same day checkouts and check-ins for a property/room.

For example; a school group books in to a room on a property from Monday (check-in) to Wednesday (checkout) and a second school group wants to book the same room at the same property but from Wednesday (check-in) to Friday (checkout).

Using the current set-up the second group can only book if they select Thursday as their check-in date.

How can I fix this issue? What changes to the settings do I need to make? Do I need to purchase the Pro version to make something like this work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #16597 by solidres
Hi,

Solidres supports two booking types:

+ Per night: like hotel booking

+ Per day: like apartment booking

So in your case, if you want Wednesday to be bookable, you need to set your property's Booking type = Per night.

Regards,

More
3 years 9 months ago #17042 by RhyeMedia
Thanks for the reply. Apologise for the delayed response.

Changing the property's Booking type to 'Per night' fixes the previous issue but creates another one.

Occasionally we have single day bookings, arriving and leaving on the same day. Using the 'Per night' setting now means we can no longer accept same day 'Arrivals' and 'Departures'.

Is there an option to disable the 'Check out date must be after check in date' option using the 'Per night' set-up?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: ardi

More
3 years 9 months ago #17069 by solidres
Hi,

It is not possible to mix booking types at this moment.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres