Mod Advanced Search 1.3.4 + horizontal

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #19100 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Mod Advanced Search 1.3.4 + horizontal
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.30 + Joomla 3.10.10 & 4.1.5 + Solidres 2.12.9 + Hub 1.12.7 + Module Advanced Search 1.3.4 > Advanced > Layout > Horizontal

1 - BUG - Location search field
Advanced Search is looking for City name and Country name at the same time.
For us it is a big problem because often we have Cities, States/Provinces and Countries with the same names, like: City: Panama, State/Province: Panama, Country: Panama.
Many times this prevents searches.
Never "Location" should look into two different fields at the same time (Country and City in this case). I do not understand the use cases....
Anyway, Can you help fix this ? Proposals:

Quick proposal solution - to have from you a manual hack suggestion to have it looking for just for cities OR, really too better for us, for States.
And / Or - to have a backend option to set if "Location" will look into Countries or States or Cities

BUG - Location autocomplete - Are you sure it is running ? Enabling it nothing happen in the front end during Location typing. In the Experience Search module is running.
Issue - Name autocomplete - would be good the same feature as for the other fields

2 - Issue - Checkin_module / Checkout_module
With the new Horizontal layout I’m adding there is no more need

3 - Issue - DIv classes
Just in case, to better manage the module layout I added three Div classes: category / name / location to the respective containers

4 - Fixings - Horizontal Layout
.../modules/mod_sr_advancedsearch/tmpl/horizontal.php file
Category > Name > Location
Check-in > Check-out > Rooms (Adults - Children) > Search button

4A - Here I attach the “fixed files for you”. Where to run properly you should:

4B - to replace the css code:
…/media/com_solidres/assets/css/main.css + min.css
.room_num_row .room_num_label {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
margin-top: 6px; >>> padding: 2.4rem 0 0;
text-align: center;
}

4C - …/modules/mod_sr_advancedsearch/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_sr_advancedsearch.ini - to replace the language string:
line 11 - SR_SEARCH_ROOM="Room" >>> “#”
line 6 - SR_SEARCH="Check" >>> “Search”

PS - I have not added any controls on the classes of the first row, such as: <div class="<?php echo $enableLocation ? SR_UI_GRID_COL_4 : SR_UI_GRID_COL_6 ?>">
considering the fields personally I think it is an unnecessary complication

5 to add a Category Multiselect Bootstrap for the Category dropdown menu field of the Property Search module, as yet suggested here www.solidres.com/forum/report-bugs/11407...h-module-0-7-2#19048 for the Experience Search module, would be really a must to have improvement. Code examples:

--- first example- this "Multiselect with label" code would be very good: mdbootstrap.com/docs/standard/extended/multiselect/ because the label never disappear, it is only moved FROM within the field as a placeholder TO into the border

--- second example-

--- third example - colorlib.com/wp/template/multiselect-05/

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres