Media manager enhancements

More
1 year 3 months ago #19553 by Krx
Media manager enhancements was created by Krx
Hello

I've built a Solidres (I paid for a HUB license with my money) website for my client.
Everything was fine and dandy until they saw media manager and noticed that all images are shared in it.
They refuse to use Solidres until media manager is changed so that each property can see only own images which belongs to that property only.
They have approx 100 properties with up to the 30 images for each. And they change images frequently.
Managing all these images with current system would be a nightmare, so I agree with them.

Which means that I need to find a proper solution or my money and invested time is wasted for nothing. :'(

So far I have two ideas what I could do:

A. better but more complex solution:
To modify image upload system so that it creates folders so that each property images goes into own folder named as property ID.
This is how is done in many other booking systems. This is also more complex change because I guess that i would need to change more functions for displaying images.

B. to modify function which uploads images like this:

1. To rename uploaded files like this: id_imagename.jpg, where id_ is property ID
2. In media manager to change function for showing images, so that it shows only images which starts with same id_ prefix like property id
This is easily doable few simple changes in php

My questions:

1. can you please point which Solidres files contains upload and display images functions to save me some time for searching?

Feature suggestion:
Could you please implement this in future Solidres versions because this is essential feature and many other users asked for it:
www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...edia-manager-folders

Thanks,
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #19554 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Media manager enhancements
Hi @Krx
I'm totally agree that Media is a simple but serious and critical feature for Hub.
With Joomla 4.1.x the new " Media webservice " feature has been released.
The Author, Allon Moritz, is the same Digital Peak > DPMedia (Joomla core media manager extension) team leader...
DPMedia is growing quickly: joomla.digital-peak.com/products/dpmedia

You can point Allon to this topic: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...olders?start=6#18965
I'm sure it's much more advantageous, practical, faster and smarter (from the developer's work point of view) to ask him to integrate with Solidres platform (Properties, Experiences, Restaurants).
I believe that "integrations" are the only real solution for a lot of needed Solidres features.

If you do, when you did Please notify here, so will I do the same...

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #19894 by urlinggummy
Replied by urlinggummy on topic Media manager enhancements

To modify image upload system so that it creates folders so that each property images goes into own folder named as property ID.
This is how is done in many other booking systems. This is also more complex change because I guess that i would need to change more functions for displaying images. drift hunters
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by urlinggummy.

Moderators: solidres