Images Upload

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3469 by jccs1953
Images Upload was created by jccs1953
Is there a reason that the images upload to a non-standard location in Joomla 3.20 they upload but the do not go to the standard images file instead they go to in the components directory to a folder in com_solidres. also delete does not work at all and you must go in by a file manager delete the files, go into mysql and delete the datbase entries I realize it is beta but at least i would think you would code it to store the files in a standard location
One other thought is it possible in a future release to integrate sigplus for picture display
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jccs1953. Reason: additonal thoughts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3471 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Images Upload
Hi,

The media upload works fine with my J3.2 installation, in addition I'd like to clarify some points:

+ At the moment, 0.5.4 is a stable version
+ Solidres store uploaded media files in the following location

/media/com_solidres/assets/images/system/

We do not store our uploaded media files in the same folder with Joomla Media Manager (if that is what you meant). If you could not delete file, make sure your file/folder permission are set correctly.

About sigplus, I've not used it personally but it looks interesting, could you share some of its strong points?

vietvh

More
10 years 4 months ago #3475 by jccs1953
Replied by jccs1953 on topic Images Upload
Quite possibly there is something not enabled in my php settings as the manager for the media files will not delete the files on a plain no additional modules fresh install of Joomla 3.20 nor will it remove the entries from the database on my test bed server located on a byethost server using their standard settings and php 5.4
you are correct that Joomla stores its media files including images at http://yourdomainname/images/ so my question is still why not store the images where Joomla stores all of its images for its photo display and where a vast majority of the plug-ins & modules also store them?
my php settings is there something that needs to be ticked?

sigplus is probably the best FREE lightbox photo display out there it allows at least 4 different litebox effects although they show 6 = 2 are very similar to others. It allows the user to place a tag anywhere in a module or article to call it & it also is a stand alone module in its own right. I am really surprised you are unfamiliar with it as it is rated 4.91 of 5 on joomla's extension page. You can set the photo display both globally in the plug-in and in the module and locally in the tags that call the plugin. I suggest you download it and try it and see for yourself its capabilities or go to the extension page : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-...-photo-gallery/11426
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #3480 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Images Upload
Hi,

What is your server's operating system? Did it work in your local host or another server?

Solidres Media Manager is intended to handle not only images (at this moment) but also video, document files etc therefor we prefer the /media folder over /images folder for that purpose.

Well I have to say that I myself have not tried all good Joomla extension because there are so many of them (I am proud of that).

vietvh

More
10 years 4 months ago #3482 by jccs1953
The server is running but according to the hosting company it is Redhat Linux but I do not know which version as it is not stated. I have not tested it locally as I prefer to test it on a server that it will reside on if it is implemented that way I can address the quirks of that server and it gives it a real world server test. I will test it locally however and see if I can duplicate the problems locally. I will have more on this pending that testing if I find anything notable to mention once I do that testing . That would also give me an opportunity to look at some of the code Thanks very much for your answers I appreciate your rapid responses and the problem could very well be a server side issue having nothing to do with the programing , which by the way is quite good and looks to be one of the best of the Hotel booking scripts I have looked at in a free version. Addressing the MySQL problem is of more importance than to where the files reside So i will look more into that and see if that problem exists locally as well. Again Thanks for your time an patience

More
10 years 4 months ago #3485 by jccs1953
Ok I ran some tests and found out that if you import the test data without loading the pictures up to the server it can not delete them because even though the entries exist in the database the pictures don't exist this was the root of the problem it is now working as advertized it was my mistake that the pictures did not exist so trying to delete non-existent pictures will cause this error

Moderators: solidres