Raise of Invoicenumber

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #4852 by MLNetworX
Raise of Invoicenumber was created by MLNetworX
Hi,

everytime i click on Generate there is given a new invoicenumber to the reservation, even when invoice is already sent.
My Client is using prepayments and his guests book month in advance.

He is currently using following workflow:

Step 1: Guest doing a reservationrequest with Solidres (There is no direct payment like Direct Debit, Creditcard, there is only Bank Wire as option)
Step 2: Solidres give a reservationnote to guest
Step 3: Client is sending a contract to guest
Step 4. If guest signs contract, Client is sending invoice INV#00001 to guest (first time invoice is generated and sent per email)
Step 5: Guest doing his prepayment
Step 6: Client want to sent updated invoice INV#00001 to guest as reminder (second time invoice is generated and sent per mail), but it is sent an invoice with an higher inovicenumber

Problem 1:
Why is at Step 6 a new Invoicenumber generated? There should be a check if already a number is generated. -> I think this should be fixed.

Problem 2
At Step3 id like to use Solidres for that, is it possible to have a button send Contract, (very similat to invoicefunction), which will sent a contract to guest.
Contract number should be reservationnumber and it should inherit same informations which inovice has.
I already created a contract_customer_pdf.php as a modified copy of invoice_customer_pdf.php and a override for edit_reservation, but i need some guidance how to implement it in Edit Reservation (Do i need a new class or can i use an existing)?

Kind Regards

Mark
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by MLNetworX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #4855 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Raise of Invoicenumber
Hi,

The Invoice feature was designed to increment its number each time is is being (re)generated. This may not suit your business requirement, may be we should consider adding a new field which allows admin to enter the invoice number manually.

About sending contract, I'd suggest you to use this file as reference:

/plugins/solidres/invoice/invoice.php
public function onSolidresEmailInvoice($reid)
{
}

Hope this helps,

More
9 years 2 months ago #5204 by himgoku
Replied by himgoku on topic Raise of Invoicenumber

I seriously second this also for another reason. In the process of designing an invoice I have to hit the 'Create' button several times to see the results of my efforts. Watching the invoice number increase with each hit is quite frustrating. I have tried the 'View' button, but that only shows the last generated invoice.

A simple solution would be to add a check box that reads 'Keep current invoice number'

Question:
How do I override 'invoice_customer.pdf'?

Best regards,
Himgoku

Moderators: solidres