Increase Max Occupancy

More
8 years 7 months ago #6304 by wildweststudios
Increase Max Occupancy was created by wildweststudios
Hi, my client has a cabin-type property where groups can book corporate retreats or social gatherings for fairly large groups - up to 36 people.

They have four large rooms, so I set it up with a max occupancy of 9 for each room.

Now they tell me they don't want people to be able to book the rooms separately, only as one large unit.

I could do this by only offering the one room, but the Max Occupancy setting only goes up to 10 per room. Is there a way for me in the code or via plugin to increase that number up to 36?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6308 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Increase Max Occupancy
Hi,

Sure it can be changed. Actually it is very easy to do.

You need to modify this file:

/administrator/components/com_solidres/models/forms/roomtype.xml

Then you will see XML field declaration for "occupancy_max", you can change it from there, you can add as many as you wish.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: enifispl

More
8 years 7 months ago #6311 by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic Increase Max Occupancy
Great, that worked like a charm. Thanks!

Now I have two more questions:

1. The edits I just made to "roomtype.xml" - is there any way to do any kind of override on this? Or do I need to make a note of it and remake this change every time I update SolidRes?

2. Now that I've reduced the room count to 1 room, I still have to choose the 1 room from the Quantity field in the reservation form. Is there any way to have the 1 room be automatically chosen since there is only one? Or just eliminate the need to choose a room entirely?

It may seem a bit redundant to the customer to have to choose only one option.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6313 by vietvh
Replied by vietvh on topic Increase Max Occupancy
Hi,

1. Technically it is possible, but it is not easy to do, you may want to refer to this instruction:

joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/4217/...nents-model-form-xml

2. I don't think it is redundant even when your room type has only 1 room.

Let consider this scenario when your asset has 5 room types and each room type only has 1 room. Then when your guest check for availability (for 1 room), then it'd automatically open all 5 room forms?

Or if your asset has 5 room types (A,B,C,D,E) and only 1 room type (A) has 1 room. Then when your guest check for availability, room type A will be automatically selected, but what if guest like B,C,D,E more? They would have to change the quantity of A, then go for B,C,D,E.

It is not ideal for general usage.

You can still edit this file /components/com_solidres/layouts/asset/roomtypeform.php to fix the quantity to 1 if you want.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres