Replicating databases between local and remote server

More
8 years 2 months ago #7159 by AleSosa
Hi Viet

I have a client that has its hotel in an area where there is very poor internet connection and asked if there would be any way to have a local version of Solidres that also is connected to the remote version.

I did a little research and I found the "replication" option for MySQL and I thought if I would can replicate the DB Solidres, taking as Master to the local server and as a slave to the remote server (the relationship should be so because in theory the staff of hotel would make greater use of Solidres ).

How you see this? There would be problems with Solidres? What do you think would happen if before the synchronization is made, a reservation is made on the remote server on a room that was already reserved on the local server? There is a security risk? Basically, you recommend it? And, there is another alternative?

Sorry for my english : /

Thank you and regards
AS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #7162 by vietvh
Hi,

It is interesting. Technically it is possible, but implementing it will take a great deal of time. Personally I wouldn't recommend it because:

1. Two way syncing is never easy, also most of the shared hosting environment out there just doesn't have support well for that setup (replication, master - slave) therefore this would only suitable for a minority of our user base.
2. Managing this setup will require an experience developer
3. And because it is only suitable for a minority of our user base, it is hard for us to support it.

Regards,

More
8 years 1 month ago #7170 by AleSosa
OK thanks!

I'll see what solution can be found.

regards

Moderators: solidres