How to embed iframe code in a tour descrition

More
4 years 11 months ago #14033 by darja
How can I add iframe code to a toour decsriotion? I activate iframes in my jce pro editor but it still is deleted when I save the tour, I also set joomla to ne editor to use clean code but again the iframe was deleted. Are iframes maybe somewhere forbidden in solidres itself? I use newest solidres and newes Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #14038 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic How to embed iframe code in a tour descrition
Hi,

It is because for security reason, by default we don't allow iframe tag in description field.

You can change the default filter by editing this file:

/plugins/solidres/experience/administrator/components/com_solidres/models/forms/experience.xml (around line 317)

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: darja

More
4 years 11 months ago #14050 by darja
Thanks for the answer but does that mean that embedded iframes maybe disapear again after any update? If yes, wouldnt it be better to have the option to use iframes in the settings section?

More
4 years 11 months ago #14058 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic How to embed iframe code in a tour descrition
Hi,

Yes, you should backup your modification and restore them after upgrade. Security is a higher priority. Input filtering is a Joomla feature and it needed to be adjusted by editing the XML form file, it is intended for developers and we don't have any plan to make it adjustable by end-users.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: darja

More
4 years 11 months ago #14065 by darja
Ok, at least I agree about security and iframes are great and painfull together :)
For those who are not sure what to doi in the xml file, here are the main options you have from Joomla:

rules (Access Control Rules)
unset (Do nothing, thus leaving the return value as null)
raw (No filter)
int_array (Filter the input as an array of integers)
safehtml (Filter safe HTML)
server_utc (Convert a date to UTC based on the server timezone offset)
user_utc (Convert a date to UTC based on the user timezone offset)
url (URL filter which also ensure the protocol is present)
tel (Filter for phone number. It will try and match against specific patterns, else return a string of numbers)

You can go even deeper into it here: docs.joomla.org/Retrieving_request_data_using_JInput

In our case we are looking for good Tour Map integration options as Solidres has so far no option to do this. Maybe another motivation for the devs to integrate a Map Story System by themself, something like Tripline or Storymap would be great and important for the Experience part of Solidres.

Moderators: solidres