[2.12.9 Bugs] Disable customer registration > Reservation Customer field

More
2 years 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #18412 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.20 + Joomla 3.9.28 + Solidres 2.12.0 beta + last plugins...

- Property > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes
- Experiences > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes
SR_FIELD_DISABLE_CUSTOMER_REGISTRATION_DESC
When User plugin is installed, guest will be able to register an account during their booking process in front end. You can disable customer registration by set this option to No, default is Yes.

1 - It is the reverse, It should be: Enable customer registration: ...

2 - Default permissions should always be the "less permissions". By default they should be No

3 - This setting option is per Property / Experience, but there is no reasons that a Partner can set / manage them.
It is a global site setting decision from Super User part.
They should be a Global Options (Hub and Experience tabs)

4 - Experiences > Publishing tab > Force customer registration: Yes
SR_FIELD_FORCE_CUSTOMER_REGISTRATION_DESC
If this option is enabled, then user must fill out username and password in order to create new user account during reservation
Please, What is ? It seems to be the same as the Experiences > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes

5 - Experiences > Publishing tab > Collect guest info: No
Please, What is exactly ? (There is no a tooltip description)
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #19093 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.30 + Joomla 3.10.10 + Solidres 2.12.9 + last plugins...

1 - Disable customer registration - move to Global Scope
- Property > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes / No (Force customer registration: Yes / No)
- Experience > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes / No (Force customer registration: Yes / No)
There is no reason that a Partner can set / manage User Registration on a HUB portal. It is a global site setting decision taken from the Super User part. They should be moved to Global Scope into Global Options, Hub and Experience tabs, as you did recently for “Terms & Conditions” / “Privacy” fields.
Do you agree ?

Now, considering the setting condition:
- Property > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes
- Experience > Publishing tab > Disable customer registration: Yes

2 - Backend > Property > Reservation > New > Customer field (I add an image)

2A - When the User Customer field is selected all the User Solidres profile fields should be prefilled into the “Guest Information” form section, as it is yet happening in the frontend with User logged.

--- Birthday field
BUG - it is prefilled in a strange format “14-11-20212021” with a doubled year + a date is imported also when the User Birthday field is empty.

--- State/Province field
BUG - I can select it into the User Manager Editing > Solidres tab, but it is not saved and so, it is not prefilled here

2B - To select the “Customer” into the “Customer field > prefill all the Guest Information fields should be the only option available. I cannot enter “free text”. Right ?
That has to be mandatory. I mean:
I should to select the User to be able to perform the “Load available rooms”
I should not be able to save the Reservation if the Customer is not selected (that for the above reason it should be quite obvious)

2C - the Property Customer field is performing the search by looking into Joomla Name / Joomla Username / Solidres profile Name / Middle name / Surname at the same time - Right ?
Would be good to show the results preview as: “Joomla Name (Joomla Username)” instead of “Joomla Name (User ID, public)”. I add an image for you.
Do you agree ?

3 - Backend > Experience > Reservation > New > Customer field (I add an image)
BUG - It is performing the search by looking for Solidres Customers (Users that have yet booked at least one time), not into Joomla Registered Users.
Would be good here to use the same Backend > Property > Reservation > New > Customer field type selector

4 - Frontend > Partner Dashboard
Property / Experience > Reservations > New > Customer field - is not shown
PS - I know that does not matter, but, anyway, I tested it also with: System Info > Access Controls > User Group > Manage customer > Allowed”.

4A - BUG - the Customer field should be shown because we setted: “Disable customer registration: Yes”

4B - But, because of Privacy reason in a Portal HUB with more Partners and a lot of Customers:
--- the Backend > Property > Reservation > New > Customer field type selector should be used. It is better because it is simpler and it does not permit to see all the emails listed at once, but it only preview the result of a performed search
--- Partners should only have back their Partner Customers into the search preview, the Customers that have yet Booked at least one time to that Partner (all Properties, all Experiences)
--- Super User, as always, will be able to see all Users

4C - The same as for 2A / 2B / 2C
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: solidres