Possibility of more centralised setup for Experiences?

More
1 year 4 months ago #19520 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Hi, we're Tour-Focused (accommodation available but an extra), consequently 99% editing/updating on the Experiences side, I understand Experiences designed with a single property in mind but many possible providers of experience, akin to all the day trips available at Tour Desk in the hotel lobby?
However we're running a couple of dozen tours, and every time I need to edit/update a 'core' principle (e.g., price includes/excludes/cancellation etc) which is set for the entire property in Solidres - each Experience requires separate editing. Also the Experience Extras feature isn't transferable across the board, in our case we've 8 Extras in total, exactly the same daily rates, terms & conditions for each experience, identical - however there are now actually 192 Extras because each has to be multiplied by the two-dozen Experiences.

Initial setup of these items is ok, however editing anything in the near future (price fluctuations with current energy issues for example) could quite easily take over a day's solid work if performed individually?

May I suggest availability of more centralised 'option' (for those supplying a range of Experiences), possibly certain Property elements (T's & C's, Policies etc) maybe quite a few Experience providers have around half a dozen variations on their themes which may benefit from this?
Best Regards
Miles

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #19523 by joomleb
Hi Thai-Mc-Tours,
I totally agree, following your reasoning I added plenty detailed suggestions. I think you may like these proposals:

- Extras - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...r-for-category#18047

- Coupons - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...c-repeatable-coupons

- Facility - Property / Room Type / Experience / Restaurant - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...nce-restaurant#16198

- Experience "Custom Tabs" - improvements + Property & Restaurant - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...-property-restaurant

- Collect Guest info feature improvements - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...e-improvements#19233

- Joomla Custom Fields - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...-custom-fields#15647

- to join Solidres Guides to a Joomla User Group - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...-a-joomla-user-group

- to connect Solidres Customer Groups to Joomla User Groups - www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...la-user-groups#17753

In case, Please, remember to vote for them through a comment, thanks !
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by joomleb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thai-Mc-Tours

More
1 year 3 months ago #19547 by Thellie
I go along with all of this - we have a dozen or so treks, and it's not only a pain to have to make changes etc for each experience, it's also quite possible to miss certain changes.

On the flip side though, for instance, certain info is necessarily slightly different for some experiences (eg, in the booking success message, I have different deposit payment info depending on the trek they booked).

I'm not sure the best way to improve this though. If it was possible to either have a find/replace option across the experiences, or maybe something along the lines of Falang...? Difficult one this....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thai-Mc-Tours

More
1 year 3 months ago #19560 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Replied by Thai-Mc-Tours on topic Possibility of more centralised setup for Experiences?
Good points! Agreed, I've absolutely no idea how to implement such a scheme

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!

Moderators: solidres