Collect Guest info feature improvements

More
1 year 11 months ago #19029 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.29 + Joomla 3.10.9 / 4.1.3 + Solidres 2.12.8 + Experience plg 1.7.6 etc.
Experience > Publishing > Collect Guest info: Enable

I'm posting here because "Collect Guest info" is a very good feature especially now with the new "Covid Life" which forces all tour organizers to strict rules, but right now there are some big missing which prevents us from functioning properly, like:
- Email field
- Celular mobile number field
- Vaccine field (here the state permit some "experience" just with some vaccine)
- the Nationality should be "Country" with the dropdown menu with all countries
- We cannot reorder the fields
- We cannot establish which fields are optional and which are not
- We cannot personalize the fields in case of needs-

Solution
By simply to use 100% integrated Solidres features:
- Considering that also in a HUB point of view to decide which are the fields to show and the information to collect is a HUB Administrator decision, not a Partner one
- To leave into the Single Experience (at least) just the "Publishing > Collect Guest info: Enable / Disable" option
- To add to "Experience > Custom Fields" a selector option: "to show in Profile / to show in Collect Guest info / Both"

So, there is no the need to multiply the Custom Fields, we'll can to create new Custom Fields in case of needs, establish which fields are optional and which are not, reorder them, to use the Country custom field and all the Custom Fields potential (not only simple text fields) etc. ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #19033 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic Collect Guest info feature improvements
Hi,

We've moved this feature into the Feature request forum as it is more suitable place.

Regards,

More
1 year 10 months ago #19050 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Collect Guest info feature improvements
Hi guys,
thanks. I posted into the BUG section because now with the new "Covid Life" which forces all tour organizers to strict rules these are some big missing which prevents us from functioning properly:
- Email field missing
- Celular mobile number field missing
- Vaccine field (here the state permit some "experience" just with some vaccine)
- the Nationality should be "Country" with the dropdown menu with all countries
- We cannot reorder the fields
- We cannot establish which fields are optional and which are not
- We cannot personalize the fields in case of needs

We hope you can consider the simple Solution we suggested for the upcoming version...

More
1 year 7 months ago #19229 by Thellie
Replied by Thellie on topic Collect Guest info feature improvements
I'm not entirely sure I understand you, but I tend to agree. However, having set fields (eg email, vaccine...) isn't the best solution. It would be better to have the option to create your own custom guest info fields (or merge with the current custom fields (I imagine there's a good reason why this has not been done before).

I set up my own integrated system using Fabrik, which works alongside Solidres. It's not perfect but generally works okay. The main problem for me is that Fabrik is highly unlikely to upgrade to Joomla 4, so I'll need to decide what to do in the next few months.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #19233 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Collect Guest info feature improvements
@Thellie
I assume we are totally agree:

A - "...having set fields (eg email, vaccine...) isn't the best solution..." = You are right. I just made an example on how can be different the needs of each user, so a pre defined "Collect Guest info" fields, as it is now, will never be a solution that cover all HUB Admin needs...

B - "...It would be better to have the option to create your own custom guest info fields (or merge with the current custom fields..." = Yes, you are right.

BA - Solidres has yet an internal Property Customer / Rooms / Experience Customer and also Subscriptions Custom Fields
#sr_customfields Table - Column "context"

BB - I yet suggested to simplify them by "merging" all in one menu item Custom Fields view, where there will be one column per Property Customer / Rooms / Subscriptions with a publish / unpublish selector. This would allow you not to have to create duplicates for the same Custom Fields which can be used in different situations
The same that I suggested for Facilities here: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...xperience-restaurant - Please, vote it if you like it.
Take a look at the attached image to understand me. Simple and effective solution, super user friendly

BC - Pay attention to the "Solution" part I added on my first post here. Following the BB "concept" I suggested:
To add to:
--- Property Customer Custom Fields (right now it is a feature included into the Reservations Rooms Custom Fields by adding customer_ at the begin of the "input name" field, really too "complex" / too"confuse" solution).
--- Experience Customer Custom Fields
a selector option: "to show in Customer profile / to show in Collect Guest info / Both" > that's all !

C - About Fabrik:
for some needs we are using SEBLOD (J4 stable version will be out during september), but here the only real perfect integration, a final solution, is to integrate in Solidres the standard Joomla Custom Fields:
www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...-custom-fields#15647
as I suggested more than two years ago.
Please, if you like it, if you have suggestions etc., post there and vote it !
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by joomleb.

More
1 year 4 months ago #19528 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Replied by Thai-Mc-Tours on topic Collect Guest info feature improvements
+1
Agreed, only First, Last name and Single Room apply in our case but I could really use those other fields for age, next of kin's contact details etc

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Moderators: solidres