Repeating calendar

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #19893 by bambino
Repeating calendar was created by bambino
Hallo,
A repeating calendar would be very useful for partners who rent out holiday apartments. The partner can enter the season times and only has to change the movable public holidays annually, for example. This would also make the tables for the occupancy calendar smaller and faster.

Viele Grüße
Manuel
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #19895 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Repeating calendar
Hi Manuel,
as far as I understand a "repeatable" Complex Tariff plugin feature could systematically delete the past tariff (as it is yet happening now), and to add it to the end of the "Valid to" date period.
Right now a periodically Tariff editing is needed.

Anyway, to work well, in first of all we have to define exactly what we mean with "holiday apartment".
Apartments can be rented per day, week, months.

In the "per month" case the solution would be to add this feature request to the Complex Tariff plugin:
www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...-interval-mode-month

In the "per day, per week" case remember that if you establish prices depending on "days" (Friday, Saturday etc.), they do not have the same date in different years.
So, remember that you can always play with the "Discounts" feature and, Yes, here would be useful to apply the same concept (calendar date not dependent on the year), something I yet added in the Features Requests for the Coupons:
"www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...c-repeatable-coupons

If you are interested in those features, Please, let comment and vote them, thank you!

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #19898 by bambino
Replied by bambino on topic Repeating calendar
Hallo,
Many thanks for the quick response.
I've had a website for a number of years where vacation rentals (now we call them partners) advertise their vacation rentals. Most of them have 1-4 apartments, and those who have more often have their own website (possibly with a booking option and calendar).
I don't know of any partner who has different prices on the weekdays (Friday, Saturday, etc.). Most partners have set 2-4 season times for the year and this is repeated year after year. Some change the periods a little every year, but it's rare. The floating public holidays are adjusted annually. This could be done with a special rate or coupons.
I have two websites with several apartments where I use vikbooking as a Joomla component. A basic price is set here and the surcharge for the seasonal prices is entered via special prices. The basic price and the surcharges can be changed quickly. Here I can also enter whether the price should only apply to the year or always. I made these entries once and if I don't change anything they continue to run. But I do these entries myself, as it might be too complicated for the partners. That's why solidres has to become even easier to use for partners.
A one-off price entry or calculation that can be repeated annually would also be very good for solidres.

Viele Grüße
Manuel

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #19899 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic Repeating calendar
@bambino
Thank you for the detailed information.

"...That's why solidres has to become even easier to use for partners..." = I'm totally agree and all my my posts here is Solidres have that goal, I always write about more Joomla standard integrations, 3rd consolidated party integrations and an unified Property/Experience/Restaurant workflow.

All these should permit to Solidres team to don't waste precious energies and to be able to concentrate efforts on Solidres core.

A "repeatable" Tariff on a day/week/month/year base where, when selected, each day the "Valid to" field value will be "extended" and the new day tariff "added" following the Complex Tariff Rate settings schema

Moderators: solidres