chicken or the egg problem - set up an asset

More
6 years 2 months ago #11097 by jos
Gents, I got a 'chicken or the egg' problem:

I want to do a blank install of SolidRes. While creating an asset, I have to set a currency. There isn't one yet.
So I try to create a currency, which I can't do because there is no asset yet.
I solved it by installing demo data, and then replacing it with the correct assets - but that is a stop-gap solution.

How do I solve this one?

jos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11107 by solidres
Replied by solidres on topic chicken or the egg problem - set up an asset
Hi,

Asset is not required for adding currency.

Regards,
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #11116 by dax53
Have you done step 1 of "Initial Configuration"? www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-do...nitial-configuration

> After installation is complete, 3 Solidres plugins will be published automatically. All you need to do is publish 02 modules.
> Solidres - Module Check Availability
> Solidres - Module Currency

More
6 years 2 months ago #11117 by jos
Initially I didn't. Just to be sure I deleted the Joomla install and tried again fresh. This time I first set the module Check Availability and Module Currency. Same problems. When creating an asset I have to set a currency. I can't. The currency drop-down is empty. Trying to save the asset anyway gives me 'invalid form'.

Creating currency (I do understand assets and currencies are independent of each other) I can't do. In my fresh install the currency code field is grayed out.

I'm sticking to my stop-gap solution for the moment: installing the demo, and renaming it into the asset.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11118 by dax53
I see. I think I encountered the same thing with the blank Currency drop down.

>"I'm sticking to my stop-gap solution for the moment: installing the demo, and renaming it into the asset."

Installing sample data right?

More
6 years 2 months ago #11119 by jos
Yes. I can't create an asset or currency with a blank install. If I install the demo it works. So I install the demo, remove the data and be on my merry way. It's a bit of a bother, but it will work until the good folks of SolidRes have a solution.

Moderators: solidres