Google Maps API key is missing,... I DON'T WANT A MAP ;)

More
5 years 10 months ago #11576 by Bbdreamfish
Hi there,

I just upgraded to SolidRes Single paid edition and finally figured out that I had to install a LOT of plugins one at a time just to be able to have the features listed in the paid list...

Now that those are all in, things are starting to fall into place... BUT I still see that annoying:
Google Maps API key is missing, you need to create one to ensure maps to function correctly in your site

What if I DO NOT want to use a Google Maps, I don't need it :/
Where do I unselect the Show a Map feature so that it stops bugging me every screen that the Google Maps key isn't installed?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Gina.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #11581 by solidres
Hi,

You can disable the notice message in this file:

/plugins/system/solidres/solidres.php

It is around line 124 - 128.

Regards,

More
5 years 10 months ago #11590 by Bbdreamfish
Hi Solidres,

Thanks for that but that means that every single upgrade I will have to go into this file and delete / comment out these lines yes?

Can you PLEASE add a feature where one can disable this from the backend interface OR even better add support for other Maps system, as you may know now Google Maps has gone Paid / Commercial only - while it is not my only reason not to want this for this site at least at the moment, it would be great to have support for more sources and open source ones if possible as well.

Cheers,

Gina.

More
5 years 10 months ago #11594 by solidres
Hi,

Yes you will need to do that for every update, at least for the current version.

We are aware of the recent Google Maps development directions and we are doing all the necessary works to find the best solutions for map. However at this moment there is only a few alternatives to Google Maps that could offer similar functionality.

Regards,

Moderators: solidres