[NOT Solved] Media Menager - Experience + Property

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 10 months ago #18305 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 7.4.20 + Joomla 3.9.27 + Solidres 2.12.0

Experience 1.7.0: "....Company logo should use the Solidres media manager field..." = Tested and it seems to run well, but:

1 - Solidres creates a media path dipentent on the logged user. When site Administrator or Partner is managing more than one Experience a "Create Folder" feature would be good to have the medias well ordered.
As Super User (Administrator) I can find the "Create Folder" button in the Backend and also on Frontend, but as Partner I cannot find it on Frontend.
Is it a missing ?

2 - I don't understand why to use two different Media Managers for Experiences and Properties.
Would be really better to use 1 Media Manager for all, simpler for you, more user friendly for our Partners...
PS - Joomla 4 bring a new Media Manager. I was not able to test the Experience 1.7.0 on joomla 4 because of an Error during installing I reported as "bug"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #18308 by solidres
Hi,

1. The media path is set per user for access control purpose. At this moment the Create new folder is reserved for user group that has permission "core.admin" to Solidres component.

2. Property's Media manager was developed a long time before Experience's Media Manager, we implemented something new for Experience. At this moment there is no plan to merge those media manager together as there are many higher priority tasks.

Joomla 4 Media Manager is nice but it does not suit our requirements therefore we can not use it.

Not all extensions are ready with Joomla 4, you should wait for subsequent releases.

Regards,

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 10 months ago #18311 by joomleb
Hi guys,
Thanks for your explanations:

1 - Please, Where can I read more about the "core.admin" permission ?
Or, Please, What other permissions define the "core.admin" ? (Thinking to give that permission to Partner Usergroup)

2 - Be careful, I did not mean ""to merge the Property / Experience Media Managers", but just "to use the same layout"...

More
2 years 10 months ago #18316 by solidres
Hi,

1. Please check this page for more details:

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

2. Those media managers are totally different, it is not feasible to use same layout without touching the underlying functionality.

Regards,

• joomleb
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #18384 by joomleb
Hi guys,

1 - on Solidres > Options > Media e can set:
- Property thumb small / Room type thumb small
- Property thumb medium / Room type thumb medium
- Property thumb large / Room type thumb large
As far as I see the small one is used for the images selectors the medium is used into the Properties List page and the Property page (Rooms).
Please, When the large version is used ?

2 - With Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 (you have the access datas of my Test3 site )
Both Media Managers have issues layouts that do not permit to use them - I add images for you (I cannot test them on Joomla 4 because for a 403 Error on the Partner Dashboard).
Maybe the fixing is on the road if it is a simple solution, Please, Can you suggest a fix waiting the 2.12.1 release ?
I have to say, as suggestion, that the best popup window I saw from your part is the full screen one you are using for the RMS Restaurant page to show the map... in that way we avoid all the dimensions issues... would be good to see it applied to all your popups
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by joomleb.

More
2 years 9 months ago #18403 by solidres
Hi,

1. The Large sizes are being used in Assets / Room Types modules.

2. Please wait for v2.12.1 for more improvement on the Media Manager.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Moderators: solidres