Experience > Extras >...> Charge type: Per booking per stay

More
1 year 7 months ago #19228 by joomleb
Hi guys,
Exp - Extras > General > Charge type: Per booking per stay
- I can only find Property Extras into the Documentation www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-do...w-to-configure-extra
- and only a mention on Forum: www.solidres.com/forum/feature-requests-...d-participants#11808
But nothing useful to solve the question, so,

Please, How is “per stay” calculated ?
As far as I see it is not following the “Experience > General > Duration *: …” settings to calculate the “per stay”

So practically, What does “Per booking per stay” into Experience Extras ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #19511 by joomleb
Hi guys,
PHP 8.1.13 + Joomla 4.2.5 + Solidres 2.13.0 etc.

Please, Can you answer to this question dated "3 months 1 week ago" ?

More
1 year 4 months ago #19517 by Thai-Mc-Tours
Hi I've used that "Per Booking Per Stay" option for all our vehicle upgrades in Experiences.

Example attached refers to motorbike that's 200B/Day more expensive than standard option, as our tours run from 1-Day up to 3-Weeks' duration this seemed the easiest method of displaying a single "upgrade" rate, which is then multiplied by number of days.

Per booking's obviously a flat rate & per booking per person also self-explanatory, maybe worth applying to a couple of alternate experiences (now I found this part very annoying - see **) test and monitor results?
I believe Solidres' best feature is the fact don't actually need to MAKE the booking & head to payment pages etc to figure out how the calculation algorithms achieve final figures. Easily deduced without much trial & error.

If I can be of any further assistance, happy to help

Regards
ThaiMcTours

** each extra is only available for one experience, e.g. for us having the same 8 upgrades across 20 Experiences means 20 duplications of each extra, and when editing it - also saves as a new version/I.D# so end up with literally hundreds of them, must make notes of those that are still relevant & unpublish/delete erroneous versions. Surprising how quickly extras can multiply into a confusing mess if don't keep an eye on them breeding like rabbits lol!

Milo
Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window...!
Attachments:

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #20075 by joomleb
Hi guys,
@ThaiMcTours - Thank you very much, your example is a simple and very good example.
@Solidres - From my point of view there is a "Bug" because:

- Per Booking = Price x Quantity

- Per Booking per Person = Price x Quantity x Person (Adults/Children)

- Per Booking per Stay = Price x Quantity x Stay
So, here, an Extra "Stay" (Max Stay) field setting is a missing. The "Quantity" (Max Quantity) field should always be treated as it is, for the Quantity.
Or here the option should be called just "Per Stay" (a bad solution).

In fact, in your example, if I can rent from 1 to 5 BMW Motos (Max Quantity), I'll need a "Stay" (Max Stay) field to establish for how many times (in the Description the user will specify the unit measure, if minutes/hours/days/weeks etc.)

Do you agree ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thai-Mc-Tours

Moderators: solidres