Experience - child fees based on number of booked participants

More
5 years 8 months ago #11803 by Thellie
To set fees for adults, we base costs on the number of people in a group. Having looked through the documentation for setting up experiences, this seems straightforward.

However, we charge children a percentage of the adult fee so this fee will vary according to the number of people in the group.

Example:
Fee for 3-4 people = 3,000 each
Fee for 5-6 people = 2,400 each

Gp1 (3 people)
2 adults (100%) @ 3,000 each = 6,000
1 child (50%) @ 1,500 each = 1,500

Gp2 (6 people)
4 adults (100%) @ 2,400 each = 9,600
2 children (50%) @ 1,200 each = 2,400

It appears that I can only set a flat fee for children, not %age. Is this correct? If so, I would like to add this as a feature request. Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11808 by solidres
Hi,

In your scenario, why don't you just enter the flat rate for child with tariff "Rate per person per stay"?

Regards,

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #11809 by Thellie
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Where is the tariff "Rate per person per stay" for experiences? Isn't it only used for room types?

Could you give an example please?

I've setup a test site to see if the experiences section of solidres will work for us, but our current (j2.5) site is still the working site.

Here is a link to our current cost calculator, for reference: Cost Calculator
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Thellie.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #11810 by Thellie
Sorry, I have a related question(s) as well.

Please look at the attached screenshot - taken from your Greenery template - of the registered group member details. Are these fields something I can customise? I need to add a field for them to fill in their passport number. I don't need the nationality field, and I'm not even sure what the Single room field is meant to be used for..?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Thellie.

More
5 years 8 months ago #11817 by solidres
Hi,

We are sorry for that, our previous reply was for asset, not experience. At this moment you can set up different prices for different adults number or different prices for difference children numbers, however it is not possible to set up different children prices based on the number of adults + children number.

About the guest info collection form, if you want to have a custom field, you can modify the code to add it. The "Single room" field is used for indicate that guest do not want to share their accommodation.

Regards,

More
5 years 8 months ago #11824 by Thellie
Ah okay. In that case I'll continue with building the booking system using Fabrik. Yours would make it easier, but I must have the child fees as a percentage.

Thanks anyway :)

Moderators: solidres